• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

not eating alot.

kimd6200

Banned
hi all,just lately ive noticed bluebell isnt eating as much.she has half a carrot n 2 spring green leaves in the morning along with her food n normally she scoffs everything but recently shes only eating abit.she looks abit scrauny but shes going through a mega moult so could that be making her look skinnier?any tips on what could be up?should i take her vets just get her checked out?x

Just dropping by to say my buns aren't eating as much as they usually do either but they are spending a lot more time free in the garden and eating grass daisies and any tasty roots they can dig up, so I assumed it was down to this

hi Kim, How much pellet is she eating now that she is not nursing? Are her poos normal?

As she is free range, could she be eating lots of grass. You will need to watch that you have no ivy etc at the bottom as its toxic.

hi all,just lately ive noticed bluebell isnt eating as much.she has half a carrot n 2 spring green leaves in the morning along with her food n normally she scoffs everything but recently shes only eating abit.she looks abit scrauny but shes going through a mega moult so could that be making her look skinnier?any tips on what could be up?should i take her vets just get her checked out?x

I would ask your Vet to check Bluebell's teeth. Selective feeding and weightloss can be a sign of early Dental problems. Is she a good hay eater and are her poos 'normal' ie not very small and dark?

Janex :)

she hasnt been able to go in the garden for past week cuz got my mum staying with her dog so only has run of shed.she is still doing solid poops and has half a scoop of pellets.knowing me im prob giving her 2 much anyway.the scoops you get for dog feed,she has half of one of them?shes never been a great hay eater.ill book her in vets just for a check up.xx:)

Back