• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outside bunnies

milly100

Alpha Buck
Hi, In a few days my bunnies are going to live outside permentaly in a hutch/run combo and it is going to be on the patio, I will be giving them access to grass a few times a week. I was just wondering if everyone locks their bunnies up at night as that was my initial plan but then a few people have told me that they just leave theirs to come and go as they please so im now a bit confused.

i guess it depends on your garden and how secure it is and where it is eg might there be foxes nearby that can get in your garden?

Hi, In a few days my bunnies are going to live outside permentaly in a hutch/run combo and it is going to be on the patio, I will be giving them access to grass a few times a week. I was just wondering if everyone locks their bunnies up at night as that was my initial plan but then a few people have told me that they just leave theirs to come and go as they please so im now a bit confused.

I have 3 bunnies that go into their hutches overnight but Buster is in a hutch run combo and he really doesnt like being shut in so he stays in both,his combo is very close to the house though and underneath my sons bedroom so if there was any noise it would be heard.

i used to leave coco out at nights (due to his thumping)but i do like to feed him and close the hutch overnight,knowing he's safe,id hate for anything to get into the garden to him,so i dont take that chances,also my plants live a little longer,lol:D

Back