• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

more vibes needed for Flopsy ...update ..thursday.

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
My brave girl seems to be going downhill this evening ...

this morning she was eating but only a little veg and grass ..but from around lunchtime she has refused everything and is nt drinking ... :(
this evening she looks very tired ...

im just going to syringe her some critical care and fluids ...please , please send us some vibes :?

Last edited:
thank you ... she has took some water and a little food ...

this isnt my girl at all ...... i wouldnt normaly get near her with a syringe without pinning her down . :?:(

ive got a bad feeling :(

Sorry to hear Flopsy isn't doing well Angie :( You know where I am if you need a chat x

Oh Angie, I am SO sorry to hear that Flopsy seems to be worsening. :cry: :cry: :cry: I am sending every vibe that I can that she finds the strength to rally round and get better. And big ::hugs:: to you. xxxxx :cry:

((((((( VIBES )))))))

Flopsey is still far from right this morning ..

She just seems very tired .

lying down all the time . totaly uninterested in food .:?
She seems to be leaking urine most of the time and there is still a tiny amount of blood in it . (vet knows about this)she has barely eaten anything since friday ... mostly grass . could she just be lacking in calories :shock:

have just given fluids and recory mixed with baby food again .

Flopsey is still far from right this morning ..

She just seems very tired .

lying down all the time . totaly uninterested in food .:?
She seems to be leaking urine most of the time and there is still a tiny amount of blood in it . (vet knows about this)she has barely eaten anything since friday ... mostly grass . could she just be lacking in calories :shock:

have just given fluids and recory mixed with baby food again .

Oh dear Angie :cry:
I think she could probably do with some sub-cut/IV fluids. Especially if she's constantly leaking.
What pain relief is she on and what are her poos like ?
Is she still on abx ?

Janex

shes still on baytril ...and 18 drops of metacam daily ..split into 2 doses .

ive never done sub cut fluids ... is it same as injections?? i realy should ask about being shown this ...

her poos were awful...green and smelly ...but then they stopped al together .
she is pooing a bit now.....
now they are formed but very small and mis shaped

I really hope Flopsy gets better.Sending loads of healing vibes.Her poos will be small if she hasnt been eating.

shes still on baytril ...and 18 drops of metacam daily ..split into 2 doses .

ive never done sub cut fluids ... is it same as injections?? i realy should ask about being shown this ...

her poos were awful...green and smelly ...but then they stopped al together .
she is pooing a bit now.....
now they are formed but very small and mis shaped

I would call the Vet and ask about her having fluid therapy. My concern is that her Kidneys are struggling to cope with the infection and being on Metacam will put additional strain on her kidneys.
As her tum is probably quite empty the Metacam might also increase her risk of GI ulceration. So some Ranitidine ( Zantac ) might be helpful now too.

Poor Bun :cry: I hope she shows signs of feeling better very soon.

Janex

i have rung the vets and im desperatly trying to get someone to take her ... i cant get as im working and cant leave the children stranded .. :?

have mentioned everything you have said jane :?

back from the vets ... not looking good ...

Flops now has a temperature ... :(...and she has lost weight .

not dehydrated though :?

Back