• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to stop bunny from going up the stairs ? ? ?

malibuxceci

New Kit
Since alot of people seem to be on, let me ask you another question . . .

Miko seems to be curious about the stairs about the last 2 weeks. He goes up to the 3rd step and stays there until i realize he's not there and go pick him up. this is really dangerous for him. any suggestions on how to stop this?? you guys were so helpful with my other problem, lol.

i know you guys will have some helpful tips on this subject as well. fyi: he has free range - the only time he's put away is at night when he sleep. he doesn't do it all the time. but this is really dangerous for him and im afraid he's gonna fall down and get hurt :(

mine love the stairs and spend a good half an hour a day running up and down them.....just teach him how to get down again...a trail of pellets usually works.

When I lived at home we had stair at the bottom of the kitchen so we put a baby gate there. It was not one of those with bars that he could get stuck in it was made of meshy material was stong enough for him to bounce of when binkying! Hope this is helful.

That is if you don't want them going upstairs!

We just called them baby gates in the UK - I don't know if you'd call them something different. If you can only get one with wide bars you can attach mesh on with cable ties :)

good to know!!! i soo going to look into that! i just hope he won't jump over the gate. but it's so worth a try!

Baby gates are cool cos most have opening doors - saves the removal of bits of wood/card/cushions/books etc. where you've barricaded up things :lol:

awsome!! i'm soo going to look for that. i think we do have those i might just have to go bunny shopping in the local baby shop over here. thanks soooo much for your help!!!

Back