• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wire hay racks

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
does anyone else use them and find that in the morning bunny has managed to pull it off cage in desperate attempt to get all hay out at once being greedy like my bunnies:oops::lol: it never stays attached to side of cage its useless:roll:

yep we have two in each hutch and one always gets pulled off lol funny thing is the piggies i have seem to sleep in them lol how they manage i dont know :lol:

i use one on our outside hutch for snow white. i must buy one for our new indoor rabbit tinkerdora soon actually thinking abou tit. iv never had trouble with it being pulled off as we used cable ties!

I got talked into buying one of them on a visit to a petshop once. My bunny just used to pull it off so it didnt last long

i use one on our outside hutch for snow white. i must buy one for our new indoor rabbit tinkerdora soon actually thinking abou tit. iv never had trouble with it being pulled off as we used cable ties!

i might try that i use them on the corner litter tray and attach to side of dog crate so will try using it on the hay rack too:D

I just put their timothy hay into a seed tray at one side and they sit in it and eat, but they don't do any poos in it. They do all their poos in their bed area so I just use meadow hay for that.

Yes that happens sometimes.
Zakura's hayrack is only halfway connected to the wall most of the time, for Aroma I came up with another solution since hers is on a wire wall, so I attached it with springs:
P1010001-1.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

When I had Sasuke indoors, his was actually taped to the bars:roll:

My 3 have a thick black metal large hay thingy magig and it screws to the hutch, it's fantastic, got it for £3 off ebay.

OMG :shock: Hiro does that too :lol:

He just makes a huge hay mess and the hayrack is hanging by one hook.. I've got loads of cableties, so will do that :D

:wave:
Alfie and Marble work together to remove the hair racks every time they are repositioned.
Their hay racks have a lid on, so to hang it I have to push down the lid! I cannot put them off or on without two hands.... how Alfie and Marble manage I dont know! :roll:

My buns have the wire hay racks, and ALWAYS used to manage to pull them down and strew their hay everywhere! :roll: So in the end I wired them on with short pieces of wire twisted around the corners of the hay racks and then through the bars on their runs. They can't get them off now......but it doesn't stop them TRYING!!!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

We have them on the hutches here and they be a nuisance at times as some of the larger rabbits do tend to pull them off and it's not been unknown to find a nethie inside one of a morning:roll:. We use large litter trays in the bigger hutches and pile them up with hay, less mess until a giant decides its wants it in the other corner and flips it over to move it:lol:

My grumpy boy Snuffy always tears theirs down, he loves showing inanimate things who is boss!

Back