• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tippex type wee....

luvabun

Warren Veteran
I have a trio of buns, 2 of which have no incisors. They get unlimited farm hay and an assortment of Oxbow hays and Excel chopped forage, also ad lib. They are on Science Selective pellets and as one of the trios back molars are also interlocked, I'm following Bunny Savvy vets advice and giving these pellets to this gummy bun ad lib.

They get sliced spring greens and grated carrot daily and also what they nibble in the garden e.g. apple tree leaves, rosemary, various grasses, radish leaves. They are only getting bits of coriander and curly parsley as a treat as I know these are high in calcium.

Someones wee is like tippex (and I haven't a chance of finding out which one it is) which makes me think it's high in calcium but what should I take out of their diet?

wee will sometimes dry a little chalky......is it really thick?

radish leaves might be high in calcium. spring greeens are lower than normal cabbage but still quite high.....you could try adding some dark green lettuce, mangetout, raddish & celery to bulk it out a bit with lower calcium veg.

some grass is quite high (timothy is the highest of the normal grasses but it's ok, alfafa is actually a legume & is very high in caclium so if you're feeding that I'd cut it out)

wee will sometimes dry a little chalky......is it really thick?

radish leaves might be high in calcium. spring greeens are lower than normal cabbage but still quite high.....you could try adding some dark green lettuce, mangetout, raddish & celery to bulk it out a bit with lower calcium veg.

some grass is quite high (timothy is the highest of the normal grasses but it's ok, alfafa is actually a legume & is very high in caclium so if you're feeding that I'd cut it out)
Yes it is thick.. .definitely Tippex consistency :oops:

Shame about the spring greens 'cos the 2 gummy buns love those and celery's a faff to grate.. wonder what chance I have of growing any radishes seeing as the leaves are devoured :lol:

p.s. they don't get any Alfalfa hay, unless it's hidden in SS.

I think I would just cut down on the high calcium veggies say half what you give normally. As has been said add some celery, a little cherry tom and swede, perhaps a little cauli. :wave: Hope the tippex goes soon :)

Strangely enough, with my buns the ones with thick wee aren't the ones that suffer with bladder problems...I suppose because they are successfully excreting the calcium, rather than it building up in the bladder?:?

Strangely enough, with my buns the ones with thick wee aren't the ones that suffer with bladder problems...I suppose because they are successfully excreting the calcium, rather than it building up in the bladder?:?
Interesting.......

According to this list, it looks like the radish leaves aren't the issue

http://www.carrotcafe.com/f/calevel.html

p.s. Steph :wave: the thought of grating cauli is turning my stomach... the smell :shock:

Back