• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies and strawberries?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

We got the most gorgeous strawberries today. Is it OK to give Lola a tiny piece as a really special treat?

Andrea x x

Yes, an introduction to a treat is fine... mine prefer the leaves though :roll::lol:
p.s. I usually give mine the stalk end that I can't eat :oops:

Yeah that's fine. Honey loves the leaves I gave her a whole strawberry one evening because bedtime never again she was running around my room all night. It must have made her a hyper. :lol:

I'll have to raid out the pic of Nibbles with a red mouth after eating a strawberry. She looked like she'd done some serious soul eating that day :lol:

how weird i was just about to post a thread about strawberry leaves, we've got tons where i used to throw all my stalks hoping they'd grow and many years on we've got forests!! but no strawberries ( only tiny ones)
:lol:

oh wow i never ever thought about giving mine strawberrys, so mid way through reading this thread i gave tinkerdora a strawberry, and guess what? she loves it.

strawberry leaves are great....very fibreous good for sticky bottoms.......actual strawberries not so good for sticky bottoms but taste.....just don't feed them when they're sitting on your carpet....if you want to know why, have a look at laura lous video of carlton eating a grape.

I give mine the off cut from the top with the leaves and a sliver of the red fruit. There is major lip licking, they love them! :D

strawberry leaves are great....very fibreous good for sticky bottoms.......actual strawberries not so good for sticky bottoms but taste.....just don't feed them when they're sitting on your carpet....if you want to know why, have a look at laura lous video of carlton eating a grape.

Haha i saw this vid a whie back, it's hilarious!!

My Simba was the only one of mine that liked strawberries. He used to slurp and slobber away on one with juice all down his chin!

Back