• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roundabout Rabbits!

LaLa

Alpha Buck
On my drive to and from work I drive passed a roundabout where I see two little rabbits munching happily right on the side of the roundabout with cars whizzing passed. I'm amazed how they just take no notice!

How do they survive without water? I know there are rabbits on the other side of the road on the grass verge but it's too busy for them to dart across the road to find water! Do they get water from eating the grass? :?

Theres a roundabout just off the Heathcote Industrial Estate between Warwick & Whitnash which has got LOADS of bunnies on it:D. Like you say, they just sit there munching, so unconcerned with whats going on around (ie my OH driving me round and round for "just one more look" :oops:). I do wonder if they ever leave it!!!

Theres a roundabout just off the Heathcote Industrial Estate between Warwick & Whitnash which has got LOADS of bunnies on it:D. Like you say, they just sit there munching, so unconcerned with whats going on around (ie my OH driving me round and round for "just one more look" :oops:). I do wonder if they ever leave it!!!

Well there is no way they could make it to the other side in the day! perhaps they could risk it at night but surely they would be gasping for water on a day like today? :? I must admit it's a big and fast roundabout but I always slow down just in case they did run out!

i know a couple of roundabouts that have rabbits living on them.

to be honest i never thought about how they get water and they are both on really busy roads so i cant imagine it would be possible to cross day or night

maybe they get all the water they need from the grass and dew on the grass in the mornings as they don't eat dried food ie hay of biscuits which makes you thirsty?

maybe they get all the water they need from the grass and dew on the grass in the mornings as they don't eat dried food ie hay of biscuits which makes you thirsty?

Yeah that's what I thought but they must have to suck a lot of blades of grass to stop being thirsty! :)

:lol::lol: Looks like there are lots of 'bunny roundabouts' in this country then! There is one on the way to my parents house that the kids have actually named 'Bunnyland' cos there are so many bunnies there.

I wondered if maybe they have tunnels dug under the roads like rabbit subway :lol:

We have a roundabout on the way to Porton that has around 50 or more buns - aparantly they've dug a huge warren underneath a car-sales garage :shock: :lol: go bunny's go!

:lol::lol: Looks like there are lots of 'bunny roundabouts' in this country then! There is one on the way to my parents house that the kids have actually named 'Bunnyland' cos there are so many bunnies there.

I wondered if maybe they have tunnels dug under the roads like rabbit subway :lol:

It's across the road from Sainsburys so perhaps they have a direct tunnel to there! :lol:

There's one in Northampton like this too, first time I saw them I gasped! :shock: They were so close to the edge but didn't seem in the least bit concerned :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they have tunnels that get to the other side :D

I've been watching bunnies grazing at the side of the road near us, not on a roundabout, but they don't even blink when lorries go past.

We were driving back from Delie's mums about a year ago now, going around 60 mph and saw a lil wild bun in the middle of our path and the bun froze :shock: luckily Del quickly spotted the bun and positioned the car so if he didn't move he'd be ok, we went back to check ('cos I was worried) and yay, he must have survived :)

I know that one :D:D:D I think they just pick up enough water from eating the grass which is dewey in the mornings and evenings and of course when it's raining.

I don't think they drink much usually just get the water they need from eating plants. I guess a lot of fields don't have handy access to water either. I know my two drink a lot less when they've had a big pile of greens :D

There was a rabbit (looked like a baby) on a roundabout near us I was worried about it that it was stranded. OH said there must be tunnels underground (like a bunny subway) and the bunny would be alright :lol:

There's one by my mum and dad's too. :lol: I also say hello every morning to the buns I see on the side of the road on my way to work. There's one that's always in a certain spot enjoying the early morning sun. :love:

Back