• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping Rabbits cool

I've just been into my local pets at home to get a few rabbit treats and I noticed that their rabbits had old lemonade bottles filled with water that had obviously come out of the freezer. Is this a safe way to keep my rabbits cool? I would leave them out for half an hour so that they would be safe to touch. I also noticed a circular pad that looks a bit like their snuggle safe that goes in the freezer. What does every one else do to help rabbits keep cool safely.

i use a squash bottle with frozen water init. i was going to buy one of those ice pods from pets at home but they are about £12. So useing a squash bottle is cheaper... i think thats why pet at home use drinks bottles. :lol: they would end up out of buisness if all the stores used the icepods :lol: :lol:

Mai xx

Ive put some gazebos over hutch run combis for shade before now and also used single fitted bed sheets for other hutches :D

i put some ice cubes in a bowl of water today and my buns went crazy for it they had a great time :D it made a bit of a mess like but as long as they had fun who cares :lol:

Ice cubes in the water, squash bottles too. I also use parasols over some of my runs.:lol: Looks a bit like a beachfront here sometimes.

You can also soak towels in cold water and hang them over the front of the hutch/run and this cools the air around it.

:D

Back