PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Rabbits cool

Bunnybuddies
01-07-2008, 04:20 PM
I've just been into my local pets at home to get a few rabbit treats and I noticed that their rabbits had old lemonade bottles filled with water that had obviously come out of the freezer. Is this a safe way to keep my rabbits cool? I would leave them out for half an hour so that they would be safe to touch. I also noticed a circular pad that looks a bit like their snuggle safe that goes in the freezer. What does every one else do to help rabbits keep cool safely.

Mazda
01-07-2008, 04:24 PM
i use a squash bottle with frozen water init. i was going to buy one of those ice pods from pets at home but they are about 12. So useing a squash bottle is cheaper... i think thats why pet at home use drinks bottles. :lol: they would end up out of buisness if all the stores used the icepods :lol: :lol:

Mai xx

Steph
01-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Ive put some gazebos over hutch run combis for shade before now and also used single fitted bed sheets for other hutches :D

Clairabow
01-07-2008, 05:02 PM
i put some ice cubes in a bowl of water today and my buns went crazy for it they had a great time :D it made a bit of a mess like but as long as they had fun who cares :lol:

Bunnybuddies
01-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Love the idea about the ice cubes. I'll try some in their run tomorrow, I hope they like it.

Oompa-Loompa
01-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Haha yeah that's a lovely idea!

dinklepip
01-07-2008, 05:36 PM
oooo ice cubes, I must try that too:D

hurricanhoney
01-07-2008, 07:14 PM
I put ice cubes in Honey's bottle or bowl.

The Duchess
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Ice cubes in the water, squash bottles too. I also use parasols over some of my runs.:lol: Looks a bit like a beachfront here sometimes.

You can also soak towels in cold water and hang them over the front of the hutch/run and this cools the air around it.

:D