• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please. Vibes needs for Biscuit :'(

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
I think the abcess is back.
Her eye has been weeping again for the last few days, so we've had her back on the baytril, but I got home from work to find her right all all swollen and covered in a yellowy/white puss.
She's at the vets at 4.50.

The worrying thing is (and PLEASE don't pounce on me for this as I feel horrible enough) is that her eye has been giving her so much hassle recently, she's been on and off baytril for months, and hasn't been able to have her Myxi booster.

Awww - poor Biscuit! :cry: Lots of ((((((((((((((vibes)))))))))))))))

And I totally understand about the Myxi jab - just like hoomans, you can't expect a bunny to deal with the vaccine if they're already unwell.

Good luck at the vets

K

I think the abcess is back.
Her eye has been weeping again for the last few days, so we've had her back on the baytril, but I got home from work to find her right all all swollen and covered in a yellowy/white puss.
She's at the vets at 4.50.

The worrying thing is (and PLEASE don't pounce on me for this as I feel horrible enough) is that her eye has been giving her so much hassle recently, she's been on and off baytril for months, and hasn't been able to have her Myxi booster.

Awwwww poor Biscuit :cry:
She cant have any vaccinations if she has an ongoing infection. I would not have anyBun of mine vaccinated if they were poorly.
I do hope the Vet can help. Is the abscess in her tearduct?
Has any other antibiotic apart from Baytril been suggested?

Sending vibes for her and please let us know how she gets on

Janex

Bobby's not had his myxi booster for exactly the same reasons - the vet just wouldn't do it!
Hope Biscuit's ok at the vets.

Awwwww poor Biscuit :cry:
She cant have any vaccinations if she has an ongoing infection. I would not have anyBun of mine vaccinated if they were poorly.
I do hope the Vet can help. Is the abscess in her tearduct?
Has any other antibiotic apart from Baytril been suggested?

Sending vibes for her and please let us know how she gets on

Janex

It's just a blocked tear duct, so she's having that flushed tomorrow. Silly thing giving me such a scare. She was looking really sorry for herself, and wouldn't let me bathe her eye, so the vet whiped it for me and she did a really funny head flick with a "YEY!!! I can see again!!!" look on her face. :lol:
I'm so happy it's not the abcess.
The last abscess she had was behind her eye. It was so bad the vet said she might have to have her eye removed :cry: I was so scared, but luckily the Baytril worked and it hasn't returned, but she hasn't has her tear ducts flushed since.
She has Tiacil drops as well as Baytril, Tiacil doesn't really seem to do anything, and the Baytril always takes ages to work, but when it does it's wonderful stuff.

Thanks for the vibes guys. She'll need em for tomorrow. And also calming Wuzzle vibes as he's going to be lost without her while she's having hre ducts flushed. He's going to the vets too to keep Squit company, but he gets upset if he can't see her. Even if we pick her up for a cuddle he starts looking everywhere for her. He's so sweet :lol:

We can look after Wuzzle for you with pleasure........ ;)
Seriously though, hope all goes well and sending lots of vibes their way.

We can look after Wuzzle for you with pleasure........ ;)
Seriously though, hope all goes well and sending lots of vibes their way.

Believe me, you don't want him. He's a smelly, buzzing, randy, little horror. Indiechic will tell ya waht he's like when he's in a mood :lol::lol::lol:

Back