• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding question

kkbell

Young Bun
Yet another question!

We've had Charlotte (new bunny) in a run in the dining room so she and Billy can get used to one another. He keeps going and sitting next to her run, and they keep sniffing one another through the mesh, and he eats her hay with her through the mesh, so we decided to try them together.

Billy ignored Charlotte for a few minutes, then chased her. She ran off. Do we ignore this or split them up? HE wasn't biting her, just chasing. I've been reading other threads on this site but not sure what to do on this!

Thanks for any advice x

Is he neutered and she speyed?
Rabbits will generally get along ten times better if both neutered.

Chasing is not a problem, as long as its not fighting.

We just tried our male and female, he has only just recently been neutered, and chased her, but tried humping her, so we have had to split them up until his hormones go away. (usually 4-6 weeks).

If he isnt neutered, I recommend you get him and her done. :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

Forgot to put that in! He was neutered in about February. He's about 9months now and was done as soon as he was old enough.
She's about 12 weeks and I've never known anything so small to eat so much! :lol:

Back