• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cats..!

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
:shock:

We have lived in this neighbourhood for about a month now and we really enjoy it here,but there is a problem. There are two cats living nearby (though I do not know where) that I know of,and even though they'd lurk around the backyard occasionally,they never really caused us any trouble,until now. I woke up this morning and opened the door to the balcony to get in some fresh air,and then walked into the bathroom. When I returned two seconds later there was a cat inside my bedroom :shock: and I have no idea where he came from and how he got in there.

This is quite a concern for us seeing as we have a house full of rodents. We were planning on getting the bunny boy Boris an outdoor cage for running around on the lawn,but I'm terrified that the cat will come by and,though perhaps not bite him to death,scare him so bad he might die from the shock. Any suggestions on what to do? Try to track down the owner?

Other people's cats are a real nuisance! - I used to love mine to bits but was horrified by how many birds and mice they brought back...

When I got our 2 baby rabbits at 7 weeks they were tiny and suddenly we had at least 4 different cats hanging about.
I work from home and chased the cats whenever they came, also set my 3 sons on them. Eventually they stopped coming and now at 12 weeks the rabbits are quite big so I feel happier about leaving them in their run. I havent seen a cat in weeks.
I think the best you can do is really scare them away, use a hose if you get the chance!!!! and keep your pets safe.

Water pistols are good - thats how I "trained" my cats to leave the bunsters alone! You can also buy sonic alarm things that don't harm rodents or dogs, but scare cats away. My personal favourite is silent roar though - google it. It's basically lion poo and if you spread it round your garden cats will give you a wide berth (and foxes too).

If they're coming in your house I'd chuck some water on them too, wont hurt them but may put them off coming in again. We had to squirt next doors cat. It's scared of the buns but was trying to attack our puppy. :roll: :lol:

My road it cat central. They've never really bothered the buns, some even sleep on top the run and the buns don't seem to give a damn. For my piggies I just re-inforced the run with the chicken wire that has tiny squares so the cats can't get their paws through. We have more of a problem with the cats using our garden as a private loo than that of them harming/scaring the buns.

in my expeience with cats (and i do love them ) the rabbit wins in my house my first bun used to kick them out the hutch when they tried to get in, i understand baby buns are going to be a risk with cats, then theres big's whos too curious for his own good, and tried many a time to hump the neighbours cat she tried bopping him but whens hes off on one he wins :lol: thing is as the cat couldnt beat him up if another adult cat came in the garden the cat always chased them off, we had 2 kittens pop over once and try and chase him but as he didnt move or run away they were a little confused

get yourself a cat;) or failing that one of those sonci cat scarers..the ones where oyu can set the frequency to the cats level not bunnies.

my mums bun had to see the vets last week due to an injury which was trying to heal and we only just found it...could have been a cat claw wound!
mums bun was recovering from her spay in her cage and mum found next doors cat in her lounge after hearing a right row going on in her lounge. the windows werent open far at all as predatory hunting cats live both sides..but this little one had done it! her neighbour just laughed and said if it had bene my cats theyd have eaten her right off!
:censored: stupid woman

anyhoo i have had cats and buns before and when i lost both eventually i ended up wioth buns followed by two ratty little kittens who i wass only feeding up etc..and almsot 2 years later theyre still here:lol: But its the buns who rule the roos..moreover my little doe...Bif...Willow my frenchie doe grew up alongside the kittens and is a pseudo cat! but Bif is their pseudo mum and they are scared of her telling them off.

cats are cruel..i love me but they are..even mine..they catch moths...and of course spiders.....its cruel right..but theyve not been outside on their own..im saving upo and waiting to hear aboyut the latest quote for m aking my garden cat proof as poss to keep them in and more importantly other cats out or willow might beat them up:shock:
grow catnip aorund your borders..they get so stoned they then dont care!

Back