• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Headtilt-please advise a.s.a.p

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
hi all
my bunny has been acting strangely for a while but i had put it down to arthritus. i checked her his morning and she appears to have headtilt! her head is only slightly to oneside but when i put her on the ground she as having trouble walking properly. I have seen headtilt before and do think this is the onset. I am due at the vet later. I started her on baytril and metacam yesterday and i asume i'm going to want panacur for her. The one thing i'm not too sure about is steroids. I had a bunny with this last year although it was very severe and i lost him within 48 hours, He was given steroids as it was so bad. With this not being too severe would she still want steroids or would i be better to see how she goes. i know steroids can have an adverse efffect on the immune system and i don't want to risk them if she will be o.k without at this stage. any advice would be much appreciated!

thanks Kay! I just hope it doesn't get any worse so i can get her through this, i can bare t lose another bunny:cry: I'm taking bonnie too about her lump so keep your fingers crossed for me!

hi all
my bunny has been acting strangely for a while but i had put it down to arthritus. i checked her his morning and she appears to have headtilt! her head is only slightly to oneside but when i put her on the ground she as having trouble walking properly. I have seen headtilt before and do think this is the onset. I am due at the vet later. I started her on baytril and metacam yesterday and i asume i'm going to want panacur for her. The one thing i'm not too sure about is steroids. I had a bunny with this last year although it was very severe and i lost him within 48 hours, He was given steroids as it was so bad. With this not being too severe would she still want steroids or would i be better to see how she goes. i know steroids can have an adverse efffect on the immune system and i don't want to risk them if she will be o.k without at this stage. any advice would be much appreciated!

If she's already had Metacam she cant really have a corticosteroid injection today. I suspect your Vet will want to keep her on Metacam, Baytril and Panacur in the first instance

Janex :)

thanks jane thats what i thought. i did give her metacam this morning before i noticed her head tilting. She is moving around although her back legs are not moving right and is eating a bit so i'm hopeful we can get her sorted. Steroids are such a worry but i think i should hold off to see how she goes for the moment.

Back