PDA

View Full Version : Headtilt-please advise a.s.a.p



bunny mad lisa
01-07-2008, 12:05 PM
hi all
my bunny has been acting strangely for a while but i had put it down to arthritus. i checked her his morning and she appears to have headtilt! her head is only slightly to oneside but when i put her on the ground she as having trouble walking properly. I have seen headtilt before and do think this is the onset. I am due at the vet later. I started her on baytril and metacam yesterday and i asume i'm going to want panacur for her. The one thing i'm not too sure about is steroids. I had a bunny with this last year although it was very severe and i lost him within 48 hours, He was given steroids as it was so bad. With this not being too severe would she still want steroids or would i be better to see how she goes. i know steroids can have an adverse efffect on the immune system and i don't want to risk them if she will be o.k without at this stage. any advice would be much appreciated!

kayj
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Awwww Lisa hope all goes well at the vets:D

bunny mad lisa
01-07-2008, 12:32 PM
thanks Kay! I just hope it doesn't get any worse so i can get her through this, i can bare t lose another bunny:cry: I'm taking bonnie too about her lump so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Jack's-Jane
01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
hi all
my bunny has been acting strangely for a while but i had put it down to arthritus. i checked her his morning and she appears to have headtilt! her head is only slightly to oneside but when i put her on the ground she as having trouble walking properly. I have seen headtilt before and do think this is the onset. I am due at the vet later. I started her on baytril and metacam yesterday and i asume i'm going to want panacur for her. The one thing i'm not too sure about is steroids. I had a bunny with this last year although it was very severe and i lost him within 48 hours, He was given steroids as it was so bad. With this not being too severe would she still want steroids or would i be better to see how she goes. i know steroids can have an adverse efffect on the immune system and i don't want to risk them if she will be o.k without at this stage. any advice would be much appreciated!

If she's already had Metacam she cant really have a corticosteroid injection today. I suspect your Vet will want to keep her on Metacam, Baytril and Panacur in the first instance

Janex :)

bunny mad lisa
01-07-2008, 12:54 PM
thanks jane thats what i thought. i did give her metacam this morning before i noticed her head tilting. She is moving around although her back legs are not moving right and is eating a bit so i'm hopeful we can get her sorted. Steroids are such a worry but i think i should hold off to see how she goes for the moment.

loopylop
01-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Awww, sorry no advice but I hope she is ok :)

parsnipbun
01-07-2008, 01:03 PM
I would not suggest steroids at present either. Stick to the panacur.

bunny mad lisa
01-07-2008, 01:15 PM
thanks!