• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday Boarders...

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
do you ever have probems with peopel vaccinatign their rabbits? We always say that they have 2 be vacc againat myxo + vhd, and 90% of people either have done alredy or are happy to do so, some of them dont realise how important vaccs are...so its a good thing

but today sumone phoned up for end of july, so i explained about the vaccs, and said that they would have to be done around 2 weeks before they came2 me otherwise they wouldnt be properly covered. and this person was really angry, saying i shouldnt force people to pay out 'loads of money' to vaccinate

i then explained that it would put my boarders at risk etc, and i got told 'it isnt the law to vaccinate them so youre not allowed to insist they are vaccinated'

:shock:

do you ever have probems with peopel vaccinatign their rabbits? We always say that they have 2 be vacc againat myxo + vhd, and 90% of people either have done alredy or are happy to do so, some of them dont realise how important vaccs are...so its a good thing

but today sumone phoned up for end of july, so i explained about the vaccs, and said that they would have to be done around 2 weeks before they came2 me otherwise they wouldnt be properly covered. and this person was really angry, saying i shouldnt force people to pay out 'loads of money' to vaccinate

i then explained that it would put my boarders at risk etc, and i got told 'it isnt the law to vaccinate them so youre not allowed to insist they are vaccinated'

:shock:

Well its your business so you can set whatever terms you want! :evil:

Some people are just annoying!

I don't know if it's law or not, but you're perfectly within your rights to put anything into your own terms and conditions - if people don't like it, they can go elsewhere!
It was one of the things I was looking for when we were looking for somewhere to board our bunnies - did they insist on vaccinations. I would never board them anywhere that didn't!

well exactly, and i said to my mum, at the end of the day i may have just 'lost' a customer due to my requirements but in my opion id lose ALOT more of i didnt insist on vaccinations!! and i would be putting every buna t risk including my own.

tbh, it was only for 4 days, long weekend, if they call back i might just tell them were full!

I have had a couple of people, but I always say thatthey would be the first to complain if their rabbits contracted Myxi or VHD while they were boarding with me and at the end of the day I am not putting my own rabbits or anybody elses at risk. They have to take it or leave it as far as I am concerned.

Generally no, but we did have this problem a couple of weeks ago http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=134139&highlight=who%27s+responsibility

I just get mad when I see other boarding establishments advertising about how wonderful they are, they have this that and the other and they state that they always ask for vaccinations and yet I have received several emails from people stating that they know they dont as the reason they have used them before they found us and knew about vaccinations was because they didn't need to have them at these other places.:censored:

Some people are annoying, it's not law to vaccinate your children but most people do.

I think with some people it comes from a lack of understanding about how serious these diseases really are.

They wouldn't put a dog or cat into boarding without vaccs, but then dog and cat vaccinations are more widely known and publicised.

I insist on vaccinations being done either prior to, or if very short notice, when they arrive (I take them myself).
I always explain straight off that it is for THEIR rabbits safety and not mine or the other boarders as they are all vacc and it will be their ones at risk. I also have on my form that I do not insure against nor will pay out for treatment relating to Myxi or VHD. I have only had one refuse to board with me because of this and she was a typical 'pay bare minimum person'
Its not the law but it is your business and your rules!
Stick to your guns :D

I think it's inaccurate of her to say you're "forcing" people to get their buns vacc'd - after all, if she doesn't want to, she doesnt have to use your service. Although I would like to see her face when she finds that pretty much ALL boparding places are the same. :lol::lol:

There was a thread recently about another member - I think it was holidayhutch - having a very very similar experience, i wonder if it was the same woman? :lol:

im so annoyed about it, she was so rude tho, shes just phoned back to say she cnt find anyone else that will do it without vaccinating, and she said 'so i suppose il have 2 get her :censored: vaccinated wont i more b***** money'

ive just said were now fully booked!

i dont want their custom, they were so rude i thinkt bh i feel VERY uncomfortable having them come here, all my other customers are so friendly, and i want it to stay that way

don't deal with her, if she's that rude she will only cause more trouble.

I can appreciate that people can find it a shock how much animals cost and may not be prepared for it, but its no excuse to be so rude to people.

don't deal with her, if she's that rude she will only cause more trouble.

I can appreciate that people can find it a shock how much animals cost and may not be prepared for it, but its no excuse to be so rude to people.

exactly, i pride myself on having people come here and be happy, some of the people phone me to check upon their buns and we end up chatting! one lady liked my services so much her children brought me a little soft toy bunny from their holidays! im small, i only can take around 7 at any time, and 2 inside, but i make sure all animals are happy and have a nice holiday. I buy so many treats etc and toys, and always give boarders a fair share, i treat them like my own.

so i dont want someone coming with a bee in their bonnet :(

I completely understand your problems with her, but I can't help thinking about what a silly person like this is going to do with them :( If she can't be bothered to get them vaccinated is she going to leave them at home while she jets off on her holiday :?

Back