• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sore hock

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
On top of all his other problems eclipse has got a start of a sore hock :( its only a small bit and isnt and open wound, I have put sudocrem on it last night. He is bedded on hay and his run is on grass not a piece of carpet in sight.

Any tips so it wont get worse?

Thanks xx

Sorry to hear this. You might want to pm Jacks_Jane as she has lots of experience in dealing with sore hocks. If he is poorly (sorry, I've missed your other threads) hopefully it'll be because he's putting more weight on it at the moment and not an ongoing problem.

Sudocrem is the best thing to use in my experience so you've already done what you should, just keep an eye on the hocks and apply as needed.

ditto the above advice. Make sure that the bedding is dry, and make sure it's soft bedding. I put fleeces down for my two as Audrey suffers with sore hocks and they are house buns, and carpet is very abrasive. Sudocrem is very good and will hopefully help to heel. Keeping nails trimmed also helps.
HOpe your bun feels better soon

xx

Back