• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

weighing Rabbits

hmmm. i dont think its the sort of scales that i would buy but maybe you could weigh the bun in a carrier by hanging from the handle and then take off the weight of the carrier? x

I think they usually come with a canvas style bag, the rabbit goes in it and then you'd lift them off the floor. I guess they're more accurate as the rabbit can't move about etc.

They're fishing scales. Fishermen have a weigh sling that they lay the fish in and then this is hung from the scale in order to weigh the fish. You could do the same with a bunny but the sling would have to be completely enclosed so that it didn't escape! I've just bought myself some baby scales from ebay to weigh my buns.

I think they usually come with a canvas style bag, the rabbit goes in it and then you'd lift them off the floor. I guess they're more accurate as the rabbit can't move about etc.

these do come with a bag but my buns would hate it ! think you would be ok if you had a real chilled out bunny. x

I weigh myself on the scales and then weigh myself holding one of the bunnys. The difference in weight is how much they weigh

i put the buns in a carrier and hung it from the grill at the front. the handle wouldnt sit evenly if that makes sense. i got one of them scales first and it broke :roll:

so i got postal/baby scales and they are much easier to use

Hi used to weigh Honey in the kitchen scales now I weigh her carrier on normal scales and then put her in it.

I used to use bathroom scales with the buns in their travel cage but they only go up in 1lb increments which is not accurate enough. That's why I've now bought the baby scales.

I weigh myself on the scales and then weigh myself holding one of the bunnys. The difference in weight is how much they weigh

That's what I used to do (and still do with the cat) I now have baby scales instead, but bathroom scales would certainly work Jackie.

Helen

Back