• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please sign

Not sure it's such a good idea, if people can't afford treatment should they really be getting pets? There are places like PDSA already for people who have pets and are on benefits or whatever. I don't think the govenment should be encouraging people to get more pets.

It would be the tax payers that ended up paying out for other peoples free vet treatment and there is no way on earth the government would consider it so its pretty pointless I think :?

Extra funding from government/lottery funds etc for organisations like the PDSA/RSPCA would be good though.

Most people that work CAN afford vet fee's, its more a case of that they don't want to as they 'need' their friday night out/takeaway meal/sky tv blah blah blah!

The NHS for humans is underfunded in my opinion so I can only imagine what one for animals would be like!

it would prob be the same but pets are human so why should they have to pay for some people its hard and if a pets is ill and the person cant pay that pet has to wait to be treat as i know there must be some people who dont have money just around waitting for there pet to be ill and yes thats why we have insure but there is still the 90 or what ever ascess and lots of people have pets because they love them not because they aford them

it would prob be the same but pets are human so why should they have to pay for some people its hard and if a pets is ill and the person cant pay that pet has to wait to be treat as i know there must be some people who dont have money just around waitting for there pet to be ill and yes thats why we have insure but there is still the 90 or what ever ascess and lots of people have pets because they love them not because they aford them

Well thats not a good enough reason really is it, if you get a pet you have a duty to care for it, which includes affording vet care. Having a pet is not a right it's a privilage.

Well thats not a good enough reason really is it, if you get a pet you have a duty to care for it, which includes affording vet care. Having a pet is not a right it's a privilage.

Totally agree, I love my rabbits and would love more, but the limit I can afford is 2. Would never take on more than I could afford and wouldn't expect someone else to pay for me if they got ill.

I signed it as i think that alot of animals are suffering due to insuffient funds or their pets, and i know people asy. well if you ahvent got the money blah blah blah.
I dont think it will be passed though.. not in a million years!!
.. and i'd love to not have to pay for my vaccs!!

i do agree with all the above..privalege thing...pdsa... rescue free.. :thumb: rescue thing is a good idea

Definitely won't be signing this for the same reasons people have mentioned above, and I strongly agree that having a pet is a privilege and a responsibility not a right!

Also, people sometimes think that NHS treatment is free just because you aren't presented with a bill, but in fact you have of course paid for it all in your taxes along the way.

Back