PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help please, UD please help still no poo 8-( she's had a dog poo

SOAD
01-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Help, one of my rescues had a spay and big dental yesterday, she was never fed hay and only ate cheap mix, so when I picked her up Friday she was dribbling quite bad.

Anyway op went well yesterday and they sorted out her teeth and neutered her, but over night she hasn't eat or poo'd, she's been in my bed room to recover and I have heard her get up to drink in the night, as she woke me up.

She would of been done around lunch time yesterday and she had metclop and 24 hour pain killer. I need to leave for work soon, do I need to force feed her, give her maxolon, I shouldn't give her anymore painkiller should I, as she will still have her quota?

I have put her normal mix in, some grated veg and also mushy pellets to get her to eat, but nothing?

Help?

Jack's-Jane
01-07-2008, 06:53 AM
Have you got a stethescope you can use to check for gut sounds ?

Giving more Metoclop' ( Maxolon ) on an empty but working tum may make her get colicky pains.

Can Bryn or Ste check on her throughout the morning ?

Janex

Denny
01-07-2008, 06:55 AM
which pellets did you soften with water Tree? Is Ste at home today?

SOAD
01-07-2008, 06:55 AM
OK that's cool, no stethescope, but she doesn't seem ill and tunm seems ok, but is a little quite, shall I force feed her a bit? Bryn's at work, but I will go and kick Ste out of bed :lol:, thanks Jane should I force feed her a bit?

SOAD
01-07-2008, 06:56 AM
which pellets did you soften with water Tree? Is Ste at home today?

SS pellets, doen them the same as I do for Zip, Ste is in :thumb:

Jack's-Jane
01-07-2008, 07:00 AM
OK that's cool, no stethescope, but she doesn't seem ill and tunm seems ok, but is a little quite, shall I force feed her a bit? Bryn's at work, but I will go and kick Ste out of bed :lol:, thanks Jane should I force feed her a bit?

If she has been drinking then I'd just leave some soft food and gratted Veg nearby and ask Ste to check on her throughout the morning. You could syringe a 10-20ml feed but if she gets very stressy about it I'd leave her for a few more hours.

If she still hasn't eaten or poo'd by midday she probably will need more meds and attempts at syringe feeds

Sending vibes

Janex

Denny
01-07-2008, 07:01 AM
with the cheap mix does it have the green and orange bits in? If soo, soak the mix to a mush and see if she will eat those, it does take time sometimes to get a bun to change over with the foods so it maybe that she doesnt like the ss at the moment so the importance is to just get her to eat for now so try her with what she is used to;)

SOAD
01-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Thanks so much, because I am a accountant I wouldn't be able to book time off work as my deadline start today (month end), now I wouldn't normally get bun op'd over month end, but because her teeth were desperate I no choice but to get her done yesterday, she couldn't of waited. Will go get Ste now, if worse comes to worse I will have to suddenly come down with a bad illness later, so I can come home, omg what a nightmare. Off to try her with a bit of food now and get Ste out of bed. Thanks for the help.

Actually I will leave money for a Taxi Ste will have to take her to the vets at lunch time if there is no change :(

SOAD
01-07-2008, 07:06 AM
with the cheap mix does it have the green and orange bits in? If soo, soak the mix to a mush and see if she will eat those, it does take time sometimes to get a bun to change over with the foods so it maybe that she doesnt like the ss at the moment so the importance is to just get her to eat for now so try her with what she is used to;)

Ok I will try that, the mix she was on was like saw dust it's the weirdest mix I've seen there was nothing hard in it at all. I can probably soak the lot.

Denny
01-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Tree, you can get this happen with a healthy bun who goes under GA so try not to worry, I know that is hard but it can happen to any of us:( Marcel did not eat for nearly 12 hours after his snip, its not uncommon and you have to remember that this bun has had a dental so her/his mouth is likely to be sore for a while;) Sending eating vines and get out of bed vines to Ste:)

Lucy
01-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Hope she's ok later, hopefully she's just feeling sore :)

Angie65
01-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Hope she's feeling better soon. I got 2 buns neutered/spayed yesterday & they didn't eat overnight, so i was kicking mysel for doing it over month end:roll:, but they've both had spinach for brekkie & ate it all:D

winnies angel
01-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Sounds daft despearte times call for desperate measures, weetabix with warm water (instead of milk) nice mushy and soft.
It is safe our vet didn't have a problem only thing is when bun does start eating take it away as they will get too attached and not eat normal food again. If no poo soon you must ring vet as the 2nd stomach 'caceum' will shut down!

loopylop
01-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Awww hun, I hope she is ok! Keeping everything crossed here for her xx

SOAD
01-07-2008, 09:04 AM
At work now and I'm covered in science recovery and hair :lol:, well I got about 10 mls in her and when I put her back she started to eat a few strands of timothy hay, so I have put loads of that in now, I did put her some weetabix in too, never done that before, but I must of read your mind :lol:, I have put a big selection of different things in, so hopefully she'll start munching. I will ring Ste and get him to go and get some spinach and try that too :thumb:

Thanks everyone, such a panic.

raine
01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
What a worry before you go to work. Great she started eating some hay before you left and hopefully she will eat some of the other bits.

SOAD
01-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Still not eating or poo'ing, Ste's syringing her now :? just rang the vet they've made an appointment for later, but may get Ste to take her in a taxi oh cricky.

SOAD
01-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Right just spoke to the vet because she's lively he doesn't want to admit her (I had just rang Ste and toldf him to get there in a taxi and leave her there until I get home), he said to carry on syringe feeding her and I am to take her there after work for injection of painkiller and gut stimulents.

areia
01-07-2008, 12:09 PM
you discovered her fav food, my foster bun had a poor diet and i couldnt get him to eat hay or pellets had a break through with carrot and strawberry so i grated carrot and mixed it with the hay, and rubbed strawberry on mint leaves and parsely and hay to encourage nibbleing, hes got bad teeth (going in on thurs) soaked pellets didnt work for me lets face it, it looks horrid :lol: hes not eating enough but hes nibbling more which make me feel better, im syringing as well though just to make sure, good luck i know its worrying when they dont eat, but animals recover at differant rates and we all know what tooth ache is like, i know i get put off my food :( i always say when your ill eat what you fancy, shame animals cant talk to tell us eh

SOAD
01-07-2008, 12:14 PM
you discovered her fav food, my foster bun had a poor diet and i couldnt get him to eat hay or pellets had a break through with carrot and strawberry so i grated carrot and mixed it with the hay, and rubbed strawberry on mint leaves and parsely and hay to encourage nibbleing, hes got bad teeth (going in on thurs) soaked pellets didnt work for me lets face it, it looks horrid :lol: hes not eating enough but hes nibbling more which make me feel better, im syringing as well though just to make sure, good luck i know its worrying when they dont eat, but animals recover at differant rates and we all know what tooth ache is like, i know i get put off my food :( i always say when your ill eat what you fancy, shame animals cant talk to tell us eh

Yes I could do with some herbs really, will pick some up, thanks for thay, good luck too.

I just had to run to the loo, I think the stress might of upset my tum a bit :oops:, I wish it was her and not me :lol::lol:

bunbuns
01-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Sending lots of eating and pooing vibes xxx

Leanne
01-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Hope she is eating by the time you get home!

Rosemary, Lavender, Parsley etc are usually irresistable to buns so see if you can get some of those on way home? :D

SOAD
01-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys :D

Well I can't get any lavender, because I don't think they sell it in the asda :oops:, but will get the other herbs :D

Steph
01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Aww Tree just seen this ! Sending lots vibes to this bunny. Try some corriander that got Lenny eating again :)

SOAD
01-07-2008, 07:29 PM
OK just got back she's had a full check up and she's fine in herself no temp or anything, she's had a painkiller and metaclop. I just had to walk her around the supermarket though, the one by me closes and I didn't want to leave her in the car, I got some bits and pieces to temp her, got her home and she started munching :D, although not a lot, but hey ho it's a start.

Amy & Amber
01-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Im glad she seems better Tree :)

Steph
01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Thats good news she is eating a little Tree :love: Sending vibes xx

SOAD
01-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks we just need some poo now :D

Jack's-Jane
01-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Sending poo vibes :D

Janex

luvabun
01-07-2008, 08:15 PM
:wave: *chants* we want poo :oops:

come on girl

raine
01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Good she had something to eat.

SOAD
02-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Thank you, but pLease help still no poo? She hasn't eat a great deal, but she seems ok in herself she's lively and bright, I don't know what to do it's stressing me out. I am of to work again in a minute, should I pop her outside for the day, so she gets a full days exercise? I don't like her sitting in a crate, she was out last night, but still not enough exercise as only about four hours in my room. She's booked in the vets for the same time tonight 6.30, I am totally dispearing, what should I do? :cry:

Isabel
02-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Oh no, I'm sorry. is there any way you can get her in to the vets this morning?

Don't have any suggestions sorry. xxx

SOAD
02-07-2008, 07:14 AM
She went at 6.30 last night and had a 24 hour painkiller and gut starter, and she was given a clean bill of health no blockage no temp or anything, she's book in tonight at 6.30 too as she can't ave more painkiller before then, the thing is she's bright and lively not acting ill in anyway, but just picking at food, but eating a bit of hay and no poo, so weird.

SOAD
02-07-2008, 08:54 AM
No help then :cry::cry::cry:

Denny
02-07-2008, 08:59 AM
what has she eaten so far Tree? Was she an outdoor bunny before she came to you?

SOAD
02-07-2008, 09:04 AM
I tiny bit of spring green and some timothy hay. She was out door until her owner moved to a flat then she was kept in a bedroom. I put her outside and she was quite lively running up and down her ramp and went into her run to see the bunnies next door. She's alert and bright in herself, it's so weird.

Denny
02-07-2008, 09:11 AM
I think you were right to put her outside:D it will give her plenty of exercise to help things move but I suppose she is not going to poop until she starts eating more really:? Is she on the new slabs:D You could try scattering her food and some veg around so that she has to forage for it:) Is the timothy hay in long strands? if so I would try cutting it down to readigrass size so it may be easier for her to eat:) Being around other bunnies will help her I feel;):D

ETA: Are you sure she is not eating them as Eddie did this once but I did not notice and so took him to the vets for a gut stimulent:oops: what a waste of money that was:lol::lol::lol:

SOAD
02-07-2008, 09:16 AM
You know I thought that this morning :lol:, I wonder whether she could be, not sure at all. Considering she hasn't poo'd since the last time I saw Monday morning she's not acting ill. Timothy hay is in small strands I have the both sorts and she seems to like the short. I will get Ste to put some stuff on the slabs, she is in one of the averies.

Jack's-Jane
02-07-2008, 09:16 AM
I tiny bit of spring green and some timothy hay. She was out door until her owner moved to a flat then she was kept in a bedroom. I put her outside and she was quite lively running up and down her ramp and went into her run to see the bunnies next door. She's alert and bright in herself, it's so weird.

When was her last dose of Metoclopromide ?
Can you feel any poo in her intestines ?

As she is so bright she is obviously not feeling too poorly so hopefully if you can get her to eat a bit more, drink as much as possible and keep up the exercise her guts should get going. She may need syringe feeding if her food intake is really poor.

More vibes on the way

Janex :)

SOAD
02-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks Jane she had her last injection of metclop at her appointment last night at 6.30, she has another vets at 6.30 tonight. I will get Ste to syringe her a bit more food. Vet checked her guts and she has no impactation at all, and he stuck a temp thing up her bum and she was fine too. She was really running around this morning and seemed to be happy enough. She's only been with me a few days so I don't know what's normal for her yet and her teeth was quite bad so I just couldn't tell how much she eats on a normal day, I am totally stressed out to the max.

Denny
02-07-2008, 09:23 AM
cutting some fresh grass in a bowl might help:):D

Bavarian Bunny
02-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Lots of vibes for the little girl.

ambers mummy
02-07-2008, 09:45 AM
we want poo :lol:

raine
02-07-2008, 10:12 AM
I would give her some fresh grass. Will she eat porridge. I would see how she is at lunch time and whether she has pood and eaten, and then review whether you want to wait until 6.30

Jack's-Jane
02-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks Jane she had her last injection of metclop at her appointment last night at 6.30, she has another vets at 6.30 tonight. I will get Ste to syringe her a bit more food. Vet checked her guts and she has no impactation at all, and he stuck a temp thing up her bum and she was fine too. She was really running around this morning and seemed to be happy enough. She's only been with me a few days so I don't know what's normal for her yet and her teeth was quite bad so I just couldn't tell how much she eats on a normal day, I am totally stressed out to the max.

If Ste can get about 20mls into her every couple of hours that should help move things along. The Vets may want her to have some Ranitidine ( Zantac ) too as if she has empty guts she's at risk of GI ulceration.

As she has probably been used to cereal mixes and not the best diet try offering her crumbled up hard dry brown toast. I bet she was fed 'norty' things before so to get her eating you may need to throw the dietary rule book out of the window !!

SOAD
02-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Thank guys, I will try some fresh grass, I'm reluctant to give her porridge because of the carbs and nothing in her tum, I've had to come to work raine, I'm stuck here until 5.30, there's not a lot they can do anyway, as she had full dosage of meds to last her until tonight :(

SOAD
02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
If Ste can get about 20mls into her every couple of hours that should help move things along. The Vets may want her to have some Ranitidine ( Zantac ) too as if she has empty guts she's at risk of GI ulceration.

As she has probably been used to cereal mixes and not the best diet try offering her crumbled up hard dry brown toast. I bet she was fed 'norty' things before so to get her eating you may need to throw the dietary rule book out of the window !!

We don't use Zantac we have the other one beginning with a C something or another, that's just as good isn't it? :oops:
Will try the toast brilliant, not tried that yet :thumb:, have been trying her on loads of rubbish :oops:. I will get Ste on the case with syringing :lol:

Jack's-Jane
02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Thank guys, I will try some fresh grass, I'm reluctant to give her porridge because of the carbs and nothing in her tum, I've had to come to work raine, I'm stuck here until 5.30, there's not a lot they can do anyway, as she had full dosage of meds to last her until tonight :(

Try not to get too stressed ( I know, pot-kettle-black.....:oops: ) Ste getting some syringe feeds going will really help

SOAD
02-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks I have just rang him and he's off to do her now, I hate not being able to be there :(

Leanne
02-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Aww lots of vibes for her to get moving ~*~*~

loopylop
02-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Awww, youre doing everything you can tree and if she is running around etc that is something!

Is it not worth trying porridge? That was one of the only things Rudy would eat when he was poorly :( I just mixed it with some warm water and he would lick it all up!

raine
02-07-2008, 01:57 PM
How is she Tree?

SOAD
02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Apparently she's had a poo that looks like a dog poo, about half an hour ago :lol:, my lodger rang to tell me, my stomach flipped when my mobile went thought it was going to be bad news :oops::lol:, she's still running around like a mad thing, so hopefully her guts have started up again, phew. I will have to bag it up in a sandwich bag and take it to the vets with me when she goes later :lol:. :D

bunnymadhouse
02-07-2008, 02:13 PM
great news :D

Steph
02-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Super news Tree sending more vibes :)

Lucy
02-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Sorry but thats really funny, a sandwich bag :lol::lol:

billysmom
02-07-2008, 02:39 PM
:thumb: Great news Tree,

Jack's-Jane
02-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay well done Bunny !!!

:D

Janex

Liz1966
02-07-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm really pleased she's on the mend. You'll have to photograph the poo for the giant poo thread - it could be a winner!

SOAD
02-07-2008, 04:40 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks guys, been totally stressed out with her and with work, I'm sure I've got loads more grey hairs, have provisionally done the p&l for meeting tomorrow, but sure there will be hundreds of adjustments for tomorrow :roll::lol:

Rallybunny
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Glad she's done a poo, surely any poo is better than no poo?? I bagged up some of Evo's to take to the vets once, and forgot about it - I was carrying it around in my handbag all day. :lol:

PS: Did you really take her round the supermarket? :lol:

SOAD
02-07-2008, 04:44 PM
:lol::lol::lol: I will probably end up with poo in my handbag for days too :lol::lol:

Yep she went to summerfield, it was just closing so was quiet, well apart from the little kids that walked by us going "mom, mom look" :lol:. I looked on teh door before I went in and it said no dogs except for blind dogs, but nothing about rabbits :lol:

parsnipbun
02-07-2008, 07:26 PM
When Willow had a gut blockage, after the operation she did a GIANT pooh. I put it in a LARGE jam jar and took it to the vets. It was HUGE. About the size of my fist.

Poor girl obviously had trouble passing it - as she had spent 30 mins rushing from corner to corner of the indoor cage to try and 'do it'. !!! Ouch!!:oops::oops:

ambers mummy
02-07-2008, 08:07 PM
:D

SOAD
02-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Thank you guys and :lol::lol::lol: at the big poo in a jar :lol::lol:

Well the dog poo she had wasn't that big and she hasn't had any since, I took it to the vets and she's been checked again and given another 24 hour painkiller and metclop, she's back in tomorrow evening. Wish she would eat and poo a bit more, she's happy in herself though.

Jack's-Jane
02-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Thank you guys and :lol::lol::lol: at the big poo in a jar :lol::lol:

Well the dog poo she had wasn't that big and she hasn't had any since, I took it to the vets and she's been checked again and given another 24 hour painkiller and metclop, she's back in tomorrow evening. Wish she would eat and poo a bit more, she's happy in herself though.

Come on Bunster, we want lots more mega poops !!

SOAD
02-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks Jane :D

Whoops :oops: It sounded like I was saying "it" as Alexis, I meant "it" as the poo not the bun.

SOAD
03-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Well this moring there was some rather soggy type pellet poo's, they were kind of normal, but smallish and very soft, but she's starting to have some poo's albeit they're not probably formed yet. :D

Amy & Amber
03-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Any update Tree? :wave:

Steph
03-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Im pleased you have pooh at last Tree, sending more vibes :)

SOAD
03-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Yes she's doing ok :D Ste said she's still having the soft poos but they're coming together now :D, thank you :D

raine
03-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Good news.

Rallybunny
03-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Yay, that's good news. :)

Happy Hopping
03-07-2008, 05:23 PM
These spray surgery is very routine, it's rare that for those who don't eat after the surgery that they really have problems 2 days after. But I'm glad everything is fine

March Hare
03-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh Tree, I am SO happy that she is getting better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

SOAD
03-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks guys, she had a dental too Jason :D