• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent help please, UD please help still no poo 8-( she's had a dog poo

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Help, one of my rescues had a spay and big dental yesterday, she was never fed hay and only ate cheap mix, so when I picked her up Friday she was dribbling quite bad.

Anyway op went well yesterday and they sorted out her teeth and neutered her, but over night she hasn't eat or poo'd, she's been in my bed room to recover and I have heard her get up to drink in the night, as she woke me up.

She would of been done around lunch time yesterday and she had metclop and 24 hour pain killer. I need to leave for work soon, do I need to force feed her, give her maxolon, I shouldn't give her anymore painkiller should I, as she will still have her quota?

I have put her normal mix in, some grated veg and also mushy pellets to get her to eat, but nothing?

Help?

Last edited:
Have you got a stethescope you can use to check for gut sounds ?

Giving more Metoclop' ( Maxolon ) on an empty but working tum may make her get colicky pains.

Can Bryn or Ste check on her throughout the morning ?

Janex

OK that's cool, no stethescope, but she doesn't seem ill and tunm seems ok, but is a little quite, shall I force feed her a bit? Bryn's at work, but I will go and kick Ste out of bed :lol:, thanks Jane should I force feed her a bit?

OK that's cool, no stethescope, but she doesn't seem ill and tunm seems ok, but is a little quite, shall I force feed her a bit? Bryn's at work, but I will go and kick Ste out of bed :lol:, thanks Jane should I force feed her a bit?

If she has been drinking then I'd just leave some soft food and gratted Veg nearby and ask Ste to check on her throughout the morning. You could syringe a 10-20ml feed but if she gets very stressy about it I'd leave her for a few more hours.

If she still hasn't eaten or poo'd by midday she probably will need more meds and attempts at syringe feeds

Sending vibes

Janex

with the cheap mix does it have the green and orange bits in? If soo, soak the mix to a mush and see if she will eat those, it does take time sometimes to get a bun to change over with the foods so it maybe that she doesnt like the ss at the moment so the importance is to just get her to eat for now so try her with what she is used to;)

Thanks so much, because I am a accountant I wouldn't be able to book time off work as my deadline start today (month end), now I wouldn't normally get bun op'd over month end, but because her teeth were desperate I no choice but to get her done yesterday, she couldn't of waited. Will go get Ste now, if worse comes to worse I will have to suddenly come down with a bad illness later, so I can come home, omg what a nightmare. Off to try her with a bit of food now and get Ste out of bed. Thanks for the help.

Actually I will leave money for a Taxi Ste will have to take her to the vets at lunch time if there is no change :(

with the cheap mix does it have the green and orange bits in? If soo, soak the mix to a mush and see if she will eat those, it does take time sometimes to get a bun to change over with the foods so it maybe that she doesnt like the ss at the moment so the importance is to just get her to eat for now so try her with what she is used to;)

Ok I will try that, the mix she was on was like saw dust it's the weirdest mix I've seen there was nothing hard in it at all. I can probably soak the lot.

Tree, you can get this happen with a healthy bun who goes under GA so try not to worry, I know that is hard but it can happen to any of us:( Marcel did not eat for nearly 12 hours after his snip, its not uncommon and you have to remember that this bun has had a dental so her/his mouth is likely to be sore for a while;) Sending eating vines and get out of bed vines to Ste:)

Hope she's feeling better soon. I got 2 buns neutered/spayed yesterday & they didn't eat overnight, so i was kicking mysel for doing it over month end:roll:, but they've both had spinach for brekkie & ate it all:D

try

Sounds daft despearte times call for desperate measures, weetabix with warm water (instead of milk) nice mushy and soft.
It is safe our vet didn't have a problem only thing is when bun does start eating take it away as they will get too attached and not eat normal food again. If no poo soon you must ring vet as the 2nd stomach 'caceum' will shut down!

At work now and I'm covered in science recovery and hair :lol:, well I got about 10 mls in her and when I put her back she started to eat a few strands of timothy hay, so I have put loads of that in now, I did put her some weetabix in too, never done that before, but I must of read your mind :lol:, I have put a big selection of different things in, so hopefully she'll start munching. I will ring Ste and get him to go and get some spinach and try that too :thumb:

Thanks everyone, such a panic.

What a worry before you go to work. Great she started eating some hay before you left and hopefully she will eat some of the other bits.

Still not eating or poo'ing, Ste's syringing her now :? just rang the vet they've made an appointment for later, but may get Ste to take her in a taxi oh cricky.

Right just spoke to the vet because she's lively he doesn't want to admit her (I had just rang Ste and toldf him to get there in a taxi and leave her there until I get home), he said to carry on syringe feeding her and I am to take her there after work for injection of painkiller and gut stimulents.

you discovered her fav food, my foster bun had a poor diet and i couldnt get him to eat hay or pellets had a break through with carrot and strawberry so i grated carrot and mixed it with the hay, and rubbed strawberry on mint leaves and parsely and hay to encourage nibbleing, hes got bad teeth (going in on thurs) soaked pellets didnt work for me lets face it, it looks horrid :lol: hes not eating enough but hes nibbling more which make me feel better, im syringing as well though just to make sure, good luck i know its worrying when they dont eat, but animals recover at differant rates and we all know what tooth ache is like, i know i get put off my food :( i always say when your ill eat what you fancy, shame animals cant talk to tell us eh

Last edited:
you discovered her fav food, my foster bun had a poor diet and i couldnt get him to eat hay or pellets had a break through with carrot and strawberry so i grated carrot and mixed it with the hay, and rubbed strawberry on mint leaves and parsely and hay to encourage nibbleing, hes got bad teeth (going in on thurs) soaked pellets didnt work for me lets face it, it looks horrid :lol: hes not eating enough but hes nibbling more which make me feel better, im syringing as well though just to make sure, good luck i know its worrying when they dont eat, but animals recover at differant rates and we all know what tooth ache is like, i know i get put off my food :( i always say when your ill eat what you fancy, shame animals cant talk to tell us eh

Yes I could do with some herbs really, will pick some up, thanks for thay, good luck too.

I just had to run to the loo, I think the stress might of upset my tum a bit :oops:, I wish it was her and not me :lol::lol:

Back