• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's Your Favorite Type of Bunny and Why?

Thea & Bobbin

Warren Veteran
Each time I look at piccies of bunnies, I pretty much love them all! :lol: But I have a particular soft spot for lops, mini lops especially :love:

I am trying to gauge whether perhaps our favorite type is based upon the first bunny we had, or something else.

Fave Type: Mini Lop
First Bunny: Mini Lop

Tell us your fave type, and why you think that is :)

Well, my fav is mini lop too but I had a big/standard rabbit (no particular breed from what I recall) with upright ears when I was a child.

Will be interesting to see what everyone else says

K x

Lionheads are my favorite. Reason for this is they either look like cheeky little skamps or have that daughnting look about them that your grandad or grandma use to give you when did you something wrong. either way they are by far my favorite bun. Mini lops and Lops in general come a very second.

Tony

I dont have a particular favourite as all rabbits are brilliant, but I do tend to go more for the lop breeds or lionhead lops. I also love Dutch and English buns and of course the giant breeds.

Its a close one between rexes and dwarf lops, but im going to say rexes overall. I never thought i was an especially big fan of dwarf lops until we got our Earl, then i became a lot mroe interested in them and noticed how adorable and soft the ones i met were:) But rexes will always come out on top i think, all the ones weve had have been quicker, more alert and inquisitive and cheeky, and i like that:)
Our first bunny was Charlie and she was a German lop

I like Rex. They are sooo soft! I've got my first one though so nothing to compare him with really. Seen some lovley ones in the pet shop but I LOVE my rex.

too tough i cant pick one..
i have 3 main types. lop, satin and beligan hare and i cant pick between them :oops:

eta - sorry forgot reasons :oops:

lops - look so cute with thier scrunched up heads and sad faces
satins - uppy ears, face like a little teddy, shimmery fur like a jewel
belgian hares - just look perfect in every way :love::love:

Last edited:
Dutch bunnies are my favourite not that I have any now :( . I prefer uppy eared rabbits to lops but I love them all really.:lol:

All bunnies are incredibly appealing but I guess it has to be lionheads - particularly my little black guy with a white paw!

Each time I look at piccies of bunnies, I pretty much love them all! :lol: But I have a particular soft spot for lops, mini lops especially :love:

I am trying to gauge whether perhaps our favorite type is based upon the first bunny we had, or something else.

Fave Type: Mini Lop
First Bunny: Mini Lop

Tell us your fave type, and why you think that is :)

Ummmmm, ones with bits missing or that need lots of love and care.....does that count:roll::oops::lol:

I think Angora X Lionhead's may be my favourite as Toffee's one.
He has that certain look in his eye of love but yet he's so cheeky BUT since i've had Ghostie, she's just such a beautiful looking rabbit.
Also i did say to myself that if i were to have another rabbit i think i'd like a rex.

Dutchies :love: Just coz they are so cheeky and have such fab personalities. I am VERY jealous of March Hare!!!

Helen x

well if i had to choose it would have to be frenchies - huge big snuggly bundles of fur with soppy scrunched up faces and huge droopy ears - scrumptious!!!!

It's always been lops for me, preferrably multicoloured, but every week I see a different type of rabbit that I think, "I just have one of those one day"

Fav type: Lops

also (I think they are called English) the black and white dalmationy ones with tall ears are just suddenly luring me ....

First type: Chocolate lop (medium).

Why? Lop, it has to be the chubby, cheeky face.

Aww its too hard to choose they are all lovely.

I have my lovely Arthur a mini lop and gorgeous Dylan a tortie upeared cross. They both have very different characters but are both gorgeous :D

Rexes and Mini Rexes :love:

I've only had a Conti Giant before who was left on our doorstep when I was little, so nothing really to compare with. I favour uppy ears, simply cos that's what I think of a rabbit as looking like, and Rexes have the most scrummy coat, they're smart, and I can read him better by the positioning of his ears :)

My first rabbit was a dutch, and she was such a character that they've got to be my favourite. I have lops and lionheads now though. All rabbits are brill!:love:

Back