• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what can i do with an extremely lazy bunny?

fungrly10

Young Bun
my mom and i rescued him (after some big-time persuasion from me to get her to take them in :p ) and he's quite old. we haven't had the time to get to the vet, but please (before i get any crud about it :oops: ) notice i'm going to as soon as possible. (i can't drive yet.)

anyways, he's extremely lazy and we let him out in the yard on a leash for a couple hours each and every day. i don't understand! i have so many toys for him that i just wasted my money on and he won't do anything but eat treats and veggies out of my hand. :?

what can i do with a rabbit this dang lazy?

EDIT: i had to change a word into crud because it blocked it out. i promise i didn't swear!

Hello

You could always try making him search for his food putting it in a treat ball or hiding it in a kitchen roll tube. I noticed when I previous bunny was older he did sleep a lot more.

I started feeding my bunnies lots of hay during the day then on a night they come for a run around the living room for a few hours and I fill their treat ball with their rabbit food. This has worked wonders and also made them more friendly.

thank you :] i really dont have to worry about the friendliness, he's a sweetheart! (just really lazy lol) but he doesnt like to be picked up at all and he doesnt like to cuddle.

that may come from his background of boredom and being kept in a cage without anyone to play with him at all.

Perhaps he doesn't like being on the lead?-some buns don't - can you let him have a free run on the grass-he might move about more if he's grazing?

I have a 10yr old bun and she's not as lively as she once was, but she seems happy enough stretched out on the grass sunbathing and can run fast when she wants to! Have you thought of getting a companion rabbit?
It's never too late as I recently got a 9yr old bun for her.-Sue:wave:

One of my buns, Alfred, won't play if he knows I'm watching him. I swear, it's the weirdest thing, but he waits until I leave the room to start going crazy with his toys :shock::lol:

Obviously you shouldn't leave him alone outside if your yard isn't bunny-proof, but maybe pretend you're ignoring him and see what he does. It sounds kinda daft but it works for Alfred :lol: Also my two love cardboard boxes and phone books, they just rip them to shreds! They're great cause they don't cost you any money :D

Back