• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for re-homers.

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
hi,
I've had an e-mail about one of my guinea pigs who I put up for re-homing (don't want to talk about the reason publicly, if you must know please PM me!)
anyway me being extremely paranoid about who he goes to, does this sound ok to you?

Hello,

I live in Derby and am looking for a guinea pig; Archie is beautiful. Is he still available? I don't know my way around Derbyshire very well so how long would it take me to find your place? and is it realatively easy? How much are you asking for him?

Thanks a lot,

and does this reply sound ok?

Hi.

Archie is still for re-homing, I'm not asking for any money as finding him the right home is more important to me.

Have you owned guinea pigs before? (not wanting to sound rude)

Our place is quite hard to find, we are just outside Derby so we wouldn't mind dropping him off.

Thanks,

Beth

That sounds fine!
If I were you, I would say, could we maybe arrange a time to meet and have a chat about Archie and where he would be living and how he would be looked after?
Would he be bonded ith another piggy?
Jack x

if yu want to do a homecheck you are wellw ithin your rights to do so beth hun you dont have to be a rescue. If you do not want to do a homecheck, you should still ask about the accomodation he would be living in etc

Oh, well when/if she e-mails me back I'll ask about accomodation.
I said he couldn't live with other boars, but I suppose she could get him neutered and he could live with a girl.
I suppsoe if I ask to see the accomodation and they really don't want me too, it's a sign not to re-home him there.

I homechecked for Doras babies (except Barley cos she went to maizy) and I'm not a rescue.
I also had a list of specifications and list of questions :D

BTW Beth, Rudi is the sweatest little piggy ever!!

I just asked my mum, and the dreaded 'NO!' came:cry:
Sorry! x
Jack x

Thanks Jack :) X

I have some hutch and run requirements and I am going to ask if she ever needed to re-home him to come to me first. Not sure what else to say..

Back