• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im Soo proud of my girl :) U/D .. SHE CHINNED ME!!

Mazda

Warren Veteran
:) well as the title says really. I am so proud of my girl today!! :d

When i got Pebble (5 oct 07) i was told by her previos owner who neglected her, but thats another story, that she hated veg and wouldnt eat any of it(not even carrots!), the only things she ate were broccali and apple! And even since ive had her ive been giving her lots of different veg to try, and she hasnt eaten any!

Until today!! :)

we had some basil growing in the kitchen.. and i broke a bit off and put it in Pebbles' food bowl.... and she ate it!! Then i had a bowl of grapes and carrots for me. I was sat outside and put a grape and a carrot stick in her bowl and she ate the lot! !:D :D :D I am soo happy!! She is sort of a normal bunny now, eating her veg! :lol: :lol:x

i was soo amazed to see her eating carrot... espeicially when her last owner said "Oh dont give her carrot, she hates it" ... i gave her some before and she never ate it... but today she did !:) :Dx

She has made my day!!

Sorry for a random thread... But im happy!! :Dx

Mai xx

Last edited:
Thats great news :wave: My little Phoebe was neglected & didn't know what to do with veg when i first gave her it,it's so lovely to see them coming out of their shells when they are in a good environment.
Well done Pepples for making your mum very happy :D

:D :D

I know its lovely to see! :) it took her a while for her to trust me aswell. Which makes me even more happy, because today shes been a different bun.. eating her veg, rubbing her head on me! Shes beeen so affectionet (sp) today! :D

Shes made me sooo happy!! :D xx

Awwww that's brilliant! What a good girl! :D

I've found that the first time I have offered them a vegetable/fruit they refuse it, but usually the second time they will try it and eat it :roll: :lol: Guess they just need some light persuasion :) Basil is a fave with Bobbin :)

The previous owner probably only tried once and gave up :?

im trying to get my foster bun to eat hay had a break through yesterday i discovered he liked carrot and strawberry and as his poos were so small (this is being treated its due to teeth probs) ive been working round the clock to get him to drink and eat more hay, so i chopped up small bits of carrot and mixed it in the hay, then i rubbed strawberries *the juicy bit* on fresh mint and parsley and hay and he started to eat it yay, its sooooooooo rewarding when you finaly get them to do somthing, so well done you

awww thats great hun, must be a really fantastic feeling:D it's because she loves you and feels safe with you so she can really be herself well done.
Sallyx

:D :D
its a great feeling alright :)

Shes sleeping now in her hutch... all chilled.
Its tireing job eating veg! :lol: Bless her!

Mai xx

I just went out to give Pebble a snuggle

and

SHE CHINNED ME!! :D :D x

aww she has made my day today!! TWICE!!
Aw i love her sooo much!

Mai xx

I'm pleased for you both - cos she's got a lovely home with someone who really cares for her, and you've got her love, which you can't force out or buy. It has to come naturally. Well done.

Back