• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Continential Giant -DEPLUMMING TODAY!! - u/d hes fine

rachelsawyer

Warren Scout
Hi Guys

i potentially have a new bun coming to live with me. He is a contintential giant called Hector and hes black. He is going to be a house bun yippeee!!!

He will have a dog crate in the utility room and will have the run of the utility room at night. Then in the day he will have the run of the utility room and the kitchen in the daytime until i get home from work then he will roam free.

Would a steel dog dish would be better to have his pellets in rather then a ceramic?
bottle or dish for water?
What toys are best for big buns?

Any advice info is greatly appreciated. ;)

Last edited:
id say use the ceramic ones they easily toss aside and make a mess with the light weight metal ones but dog sized is good. big buns like the usual toys such as stuff they can rip up and toss if you haev very large boxes you can make great play areas for them too,

Any ideas on toys as bunny toys are mostly aimed at smaller buns. He wont fit in the tunnel, or fiddle stix.
aawww cant wait to get him.

I have my shopping list let me know if i need to add anything (im previewing him on wednesday so i know sizes for carriers and home)

Dog crate
Dog bed/pillow to go in crate
Ceramic bowl
dish/bottle for water
litter tray
diggin box
toys

i have food and hay already.

rabbit_128781.jpg

Oh my he is gorgeous !!! :love: :love: My Frenchies love the giant willow balls from Pampered Piggies, large jingle balls and apple logs which a friend gets me, they are untreated :) Im so excied for you he is stunning !!

Any ideas on toys as bunny toys are mostly aimed at smaller buns. He wont fit in the tunnel, or fiddle stix.
aawww cant wait to get him.

I have my shopping list let me know if i need to add anything (im previewing him on wednesday so i know sizes for carriers and home)

Dog crate
Dog bed/pillow to go in crate
Ceramic bowl
dish/bottle for water
litter tray
diggin box
toys

i have food and hay already.

My boy Bungle loves to climb on things, he lives outside and has an old TV cabinet he can jump on the various shelves but also loves to jump on my garden table and dustbin etc ! (Oh and the foster hutch and run :oops:) I guess they are all different I'm sure he will let you know what he likes when he arrives :D I have an Atlas 40 carrier which fits Bungle and my smaller Bun Nushka.

I think you have everything covered on your list - although a friend told me that some giants like to lie over bolster pillows to support their long backs (Bungle is not a long bunny so I don't have one)

I bet you are so excited ! :D

he's gorgeous!!!!!!!:love: We have got Lola a tunnel from Argos...its made for Kids but she loves it. some pet sites make tunnels for the bigger bunny too. Lola loves her treat ball more than anything in the whole world and loves to jump on the sofa :D

aaw dont u lot, u are making me blush :oops::oops::oops:
Hes being neutered on Friday but could be before then so all being well i can then give the little (big) man a loving home, :lol:

I will have to look at kiddies tunnells when i get him then. I will also post pics as soon as he arrives at my gaf!

Julia 123 this is my current pet carrier and its the larger one:
http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-atlas+pet+carrier/product-is-V00082

I hope it will be big enough for him, but i can check that on wed, i will take more piccies then! :p

:love::love::love:Aww he is adoreable The best toys I have found are boxes they love them all sizes and shapes and a really big one with two holes in is the best. THey love the cat toys as well like the balls etc. Toilet rolls are good to.

aaw dont u lot, u are making me blush :oops::oops::oops:
Hes being neutered on Friday but could be before then so all being well i can then give the little (big) man a loving home, :lol:

I will have to look at kiddies tunnells when i get him then. I will also post pics as soon as he arrives at my gaf!

Julia 123 this is my current pet carrier and its the larger one:
http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-atlas+pet+carrier/product-is-V00082

I hope it will be big enough for him, but i can check that on wed, i will take more piccies then! :p

We used a small dog crate 15 inches long it was and when Stumpy lay down he touched the sides :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Back