• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dermot- Very, Very Poorly -U/D Symptoms Have Subsided

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
He has a sudden severe onset of one of his GI episodes. The worst he has ever had. He was throwing himself about and squealing from the pain :cry: I have never seen anything like it before in my life. He has had a huge dose of a strong pain killer ( OKd by Christabel ) and is now on a heat pad, he is almost unconscious :cry: I have put him on fluid therapy too

I doubt Dermot will survive

:cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Oh no, my heart sinks every time I hear that Dermot isn't doing well. Sounds absolutely terrible, and nothing I've ever witnessed with either Clover or Dusty in their episodes past and present.

We have managed to stabalise Dermot on pain relief, sub-cut Hartmanns and a heat pad. His abdomen is less rigid but his guts are absolutely silent :cry:
We may have to risk giving some Metoclopromide as his intestines are really full but not moving. There is no obvious obstruction and so far his stomach is not bloated.

When the 'episode' came on it was just like watching a Horse with colic :cry:
He was restless, then started throwing himself about and squealing :cry:
He has never done this before and he's had goodness knows how many GI 'episodes' over the past year.

But when do I call it a day ? In between 'episodes' he is just like any other happy healthy Bunny. Its just todays episode that has really shocked me in its sudden onset and severity.

I will speak with Christabel again later and will take her advice as to what is best to do for Dermot

:cry:

Janex

Poor wee man :( I do hope he pulls through ok. Thinking of you and the decisions you and Christabel may have to make.x

I probably shouldn't say this Jane, and I hope this doesn't upset you, but my own feeling (not having seen Dermot today, obviously), is that today might have been a turning point... I know how hard these decisions are, and Dermot definitely hasn't made this easy for you. Thinking of you. x

Jane i've just seen this...come on Dermot, you can get better! thinking of you both and the decisions that lay ahead. i'm sure both you and christabel will do the best thing for Dermot. sending him peaceful, comfy vibes

x

I'm so sorry to hear Dermot is so unwell again, he has put up such a long hard fight over the last few months.

I really hope he lives to fight another day :(

(((vibes)))

Back