• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Volunteering at animal places in particular northamptonshire

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
I've sent an application form off to animals in need based in irchester, but I can't commit to regular days/times due to other commitments. They say is mainly cleaning out etc which is fine, but I wonder if anyone volunteers to do other stuff like just going in and spending time with the bunnies and cats etc and grooming them?

would like to hear what people do and in particular if anyone volunteers in northamptonshire.

thanks!

I volunteer at the local RSPCA on Saturday mornings. If I can't do one Saturday I let them know in advance and it is fine. I clean out and feed the cats/rabbits etc etc but in the afternoons they do have 'cat cuddlers' volunteers who spend time with nervous cats/rabbits or cats which need lots of grooming etc. But i think they have a set timetable/rota coz they need to know that there will be someone there every day rather than 10 on on one day and none on the next. But also i think there is also another volunteer who comes in sometimes and sometimes doesn't so just joins in with the regulars whenever he can make it in and that works fine.

I volunteer at the local RSPCA on Saturday mornings. If I can't do one Saturday I let them know in advance and it is fine. I clean out and feed the cats/rabbits etc etc but in the afternoons they do have 'cat cuddlers' volunteers who spend time with nervous cats/rabbits or cats which need lots of grooming etc. But i think they have a set timetable/rota coz they need to know that there will be someone there every day rather than 10 on on one day and none on the next. But also i think there is also another volunteer who comes in sometimes and sometimes doesn't so just joins in with the regulars whenever he can make it in and that works fine.

Hopefully they'll let me just pop in when I can...I'll be able to do it more in the winter time but during the summer I'm often at our allotment!

I've sent an application form off to animals in need based in irchester, but I can't commit to regular days/times due to other commitments. They say is mainly cleaning out etc which is fine, but I wonder if anyone volunteers to do other stuff like just going in and spending time with the bunnies and cats etc and grooming them?

Hi Suzy,

How did you go about getting an application form for AnimalsInNeed as I'd been thinking about enquiring about volunteering there?
Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to do cleaning out due to my CFS but I was hoping there would be other openings there for me such as hand rearing, admin/clerical, reiki etc as on their website it asks for volunteers for several things doesn't it, so was going to go to their open day in August & enquire.
Not sure what my chances are now! :cry:
PS-NANNA in Irthlingborough also wants volunteers but again it seems mainly for cleaning out.

I volunteer at a wildlife rescue centre and it is mostly cleaning out and adding enrichnment to enclosures. To be honest volunteering with animals is not often cuddling them its time consuming jobs that they need help with

Hi Suzy,

How did you go about getting an application form for AnimalsInNeed as I'd been thinking about enquiring about volunteering there?
Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to do cleaning out due to my CFS but I was hoping there would be other openings there for me such as hand rearing, admin/clerical, reiki etc as on their website it asks for volunteers for several things doesn't it, so was going to go to their open day in August & enquire.
Not sure what my chances are now! :cry:
PS-NANNA in Irthlingborough also wants volunteers but again it seems mainly for cleaning out.

Hiya :wave:

I sent them an email about volunteering and they sent me an application form on email. Haven't got their addy handy at the mo as at work but could give you it later? There is an email addy on their website but think its wrong as I used another one! not sure where that came from though, an old link maybe :? Thought I might pop along in august too!

will have to give irthlingborough a miss as I share a car with my o/h, thought the one in irchester would be ok cause I could walk if I was stuck as long as it was'nt dark or raining as it would be a bit of a trek!

I volunteer at a wildlife rescue centre and it is mostly cleaning out and adding enrichnment to enclosures. To be honest volunteering with animals is not often cuddling them its time consuming jobs that they need help with

Yes I can imagine there are a lot of cages too be cleaned! Thats fine by me, I'd like to get involved with other stuff too but appreciate its the dirty jobs they need the most help with

I sent them an email about volunteering and they sent me an application form on email. Haven't got their addy handy at the mo as at work but could give you it later? There is an email addy on their website but think its wrong as I used another one! not sure where that came from though, an old link maybe :?

:wave:
That'd be great if you could give me the email you used.
Keep me updated on how things go & I may see you there in August! :wave:

I don't exactly volunteer but I do like to help Rabbit Rescue in Ashton when I can. I direct debit once a mounth to them and if I have unwanted posh hay/food etc, I'll take some over.

They could probably do with people to just go over and spend time with the rabbits. When I can, I take over some veg and stuff, it just helps them out and the woman who runs it is just amazing.

I don't exactly volunteer but I do like to help Rabbit Rescue in Ashton when I can. I direct debit once a mounth to them and if I have unwanted posh hay/food etc, I'll take some over.

They could probably do with people to just go over and spend time with the rabbits. When I can, I take over some veg and stuff, it just helps them out and the woman who runs it is just amazing.

Yes I've heard lots of good things about her :) I've got a huge bag of just grass that will take me months to go through perhaps I could take some of that over. Have you got an email addy for her?

Suzanne

Back