• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust free hay?

Says out of stock now though? :? Dunno what to do, the big bales work out so much cheaper than the small ones. Tsk :roll:

i still have half a bale but i thought id best stock up probably a good job.

maybe give norman an email tomorrow x

I took the last one tee hee. Sorry, i know how frustrating it is when you cant get any hay, and i always end up buying it last minute when its out of stock.

dust free hay

sorry to hijack this thread but ive always wondered what everyone gets hay wise from them. What is the diff between the american timothy and just the hay on its own and do you get stalky or soft just not sure as the prices all seem diff.

thanks
gill:wave:

sorry to hijack this thread but ive always wondered what everyone gets hay wise from them. What is the diff between the american timothy and just the hay on its own and do you get stalky or soft just not sure as the prices all seem diff.

thanks
gill:wave:

I'm not sure about the timothy hay... I've never tried that (or rather, the rabbits haven't :oops: :lol: ) so I can't tell you about that one, but I do know that the normal hay is fantastic :D I always buy the stalky 'type' and my guys both love it. It smells luvverly :D

I don't work for them, honest :lol:

Last edited:
i have just gone to order but says h1 all sold out is this what everyone uses or is it the other one where you have the choice of soft or stalky

amanda

dust free hay

Hi amandaf that is kinda my question too what does everyone order. It sais just hay and hay1 and american timothy - the hay1 is out of stoke but the hay on its own is in soft or stalky and then there is american timothy which is much dearer just not sure what the best as i want to buy a bit more in bulk but dont know what to choose.

Morrigan1981 - when you say normal hay is that the one that just sais hay soft or stalky or is it the h1 one that is out of stock not sure

thanks everyone
gill:wave::wave:

Hi amandaf that is kinda my question too what does everyone order. It sais just hay and hay1 and american timothy - the hay1 is out of stoke but the hay on its own is in soft or stalky and then there is american timothy which is much dearer just not sure what the best as i want to buy a bit more in bulk but dont know what to choose.

Morrigan1981 - when you say normal hay is that the one that just sais hay soft or stalky or is it the h1 one that is out of stock not sure

thanks everyone
gill:wave::wave:

Hallo Amanda and Gill! :wave: The one that I usually get is the one which just says 'soft or stalky'.... H1 must be a new hay, I've not seen that before!

The H1 is good and is quite stalky but I didn't think its as green as the normal soft/stalky stuff. Its what Norman has grown himself.

The Timothy is much stalkier and greener but as its from america its more expensive. If you fetch it its £6 a box for the timothy.

helen x

cheers helen i thought H1 must be what everyone uses but will order some stalky,thanks for replying

amanda

Hi I order the large bale which is just standard stalky hay... its lasted me a couple of months and the bunsters love it... golden poos x

dust free hay

thanks indiechic thats great and i will order that too i take it stalky instead of soft?

Thanks helen for that advice thats helped me decide on the stalky too much appreciate that
x

thanks again everyone thats helped alot
gill
x:wave:

Back