• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't get Ruby to use the stairs?!

sarahslc

Warren Scout
We have just bought Ruby Thistle Hall from PAH only problem is she hasn't grasped the concept of having two storeys - she doesn't seem to like the "stairs"! I've left her to it, i've put her upstairs and downstairs, i've put food on the stairs and I've even put her halfway on the stairs so she has to go up or down (reluctantly might I add!) Has anyone else's bun been like this to begin with? Any ideas please I want her to enjoy her new mansion!

:wave: She will find the ramp soonish. Some bunnies take longer than others, put a tasty tray of hay down there ;) I have Buzz in a double hutch and he has been in there over a week, still no sign of him finding his run downstairs :lol:

Took our boy Dudley a few days to suss it out ... even though his wifey bun Sienna was up and down from the first second she saw the ramp! He seemed completely flumoxed as to where she was going! :lol: Once he followed her it was fine ... and now he runs up and down like a nutter! Patience I guess! x

Twinkle's new run/hutch combo has two sets of stairs. She is used to the hutch stairs and they are no problem but I am not understanding why she wont use the stairs from the hutch to the run. They are longer stairs but that is the only difference. I have to lift her down each morning so she gets in the run for the daytime and then lift her back in the evening for bedtime :roll: Its been two weeks now and I have just had a more sturdy staircase built in case she the other stairs were too flimsy :roll:

I will give her a few more days like this and if that doesnt work I might try the treat on each stairs trick :lol:

I think we've just had a breakthrough - some naughty yoghurt drops on the ramp seem to have done the trick!

Back