• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not eating their hay

Ali

Warren Veteran
Bella & Benji arnt eating all their hay at the moment, normally they have 2 hay balls in the morning and 2 in the evening plus what is in their litter tray, over the last couple of days I havent even had to fill the hay balls up, does anyone have any suggestions to why this is:D

Have you changed the hay at all?
Or do they have a history of tushy-peg problems?

Is it different hay?

I guess I'd probably empty the hay balls now and put some fresh stuff in and see what happens...

Could be teeth probs, tho seems unlikely both would stop eating at same time.

Have you changed the hay at all?
Or do they have a history of tushy-peg problems?

Haven't changed the hay at all, an no history of teeth problem, at their last check with the vets they are really healthy, no problem.

Is it different hay?

I guess I'd probably empty the hay balls now and put some fresh stuff in and see what happens...

Could be teeth probs, tho seems unlikely both would stop eating at same time.

I have put fresh in the hay balls, thats what i'm thinking, both would'nt have probs at the same time. I've even put sun dried timothy hay in the hay balls which they normaly only get a couple of times a week, but they wont eat that either. In the hay ball they have timothy hay, and meadow hay in the litter tray

Mmmmm I dont know :oops: I would change the hay in the balls as has been suggested and then tell Bella and Benji to eat it ;) Bunnies huh :roll: Sending lots of hay eating vibes :wave:

Mmmmm I dont know :oops: I would change the hay in the balls as has been suggested and then tell Bella and Benji to eat it ;) Bunnies huh :roll: Sending lots of hay eating vibes :wave:

I know its so not like them to eat it, they are little pigs, lol, I have changed the hay, Do you think I should cut their pellets down, they only have 1/4 cup of pellets between then now, so an getting worried they are not eating the hay, do you think the warmer weather has anything to do with it, they are out in the garden munching grass from 6ish till 9/10pm most nights, they are not having anything that is not unnormal to them!!! this is well confusing me:roll::roll:

sending vibes it might be because they are eating lots of grass in the day as my last ones did the same as yours when they were out on the grass longer

sending vibes it might be because they are eating lots of grass in the day as my last ones did the same as yours when they were out on the grass longer

They arn't having no more grass than usual, they are only out now i'm back at work for 6pm till 9/10pm at the most, the bunny palace door has been open all day today, and none of them have come out:?:roll:

I cut down on pellets when my 2 didn't seem to eat as much hay as before,I also sprinkled the pellets amongst the hay to make them forage around.Both now eat loads! Good luck they are a worry these rabbits aren't they!

I cut down on pellets when my 2 didn't seem to eat as much hay as before,I also sprinkled the pellets amongst the hay to make them forage around.Both now eat loads! Good luck they are a worry these rabbits aren't they!

Thank you Jayne:wave::wave:, I will cut their pellets down tomorrow morning to see how they are during the day, they just seem to sleep most of the day:lol::lol::lol::roll: come alive now they are bombing about the garden like mad things:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:oops: don't think I've ever had anyone thank me :oops: you're very welcome :D hope they are ok,I love your 2 buns so much :love:

Make sure the rabbits have plenty of water. They could just be thirsty. Also try getting a new type of hay. Rabbits can easily get bored of their food, especially if they have been eating it for a long time. The hay may also be old and it is possible the flavour and freshness has gone.

Back