• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friendly redigrass

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Bought two bags of this earliar the buns and pigs love it,can you give to much of this or is it just like hay? there bowls were emptey after a couple of mins lol

REdigrass is high in calcium so should not be given in big quantities as some rabbits are liable to get kidney or bladder stones or bladder sludge.

Yeah Friendly readygrass is totally different to spillers (friendship estates) readigrass so it would be interesting to see a nutrition comparison of the two.

Mine absolutely love the friendly stuff, especially little Santa who I struggle to get to eat any other kind of hay. Calcium aside (and hopefully someone can look at a spillers readigrass and see what that says for calcium) it is still relatively high protein/lower fibre than standard hay so I wouldn't feed it exclusively - watch out for excess caecatrophs etc.

I use Friendly and personally i wouldn't feed more than a small handful. It shouldn't be fed in the same way as hay. more of a treat.

Mine love it too.. i give them a bowl of it every morning and night between the 3 of them! Simba sometimes even leaves his veggies to start on the dried grass. I've got a bale of Just Grass in the garage now though ( had been out of stock for a while) and they love that even more.. its greener and finer bits :D Only change i see is bigger poops :D

Back