• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went to vets yesterday...

Dobbin

Mama Doe
just to get my two checked and their teeth looked at. The vet gave my two a good looking over and congratulated us on what good condition they were in, clean bums, right weight etc, (V pld - nice to hear when your doing the right thing). Anyway the vet said that on Friday they had to put a rabbit to sleep as it was riddled with fly strike - said at least half of its skin was being attacked - really upset me - how can people let their bunnies get to this state?

Anyhow - i hope everyone is fine

sue
xx

Well done on the are of your rabbits:D. Poor little bunny though, the thought of it is awful:cry:. Mine may not be keen on daily bum checks but I know they are safe from that awful death. The bunny is at a better place now

Hi Sue :wave:

I went to the vets the other day with my two - they didn't like it at all :lol: but they quickly got over it.

It is shocking when you look up the nasty details of what flystrike/VHD/Myxi does - it is upsetting.

Well done on your buns :D

I think flystryke is very quick, it's one of those things that really scares me. Not that I'm not worried about mxy and vhd, but buns are vac'd but I keep imagining what would happen if buns got flystyke while I was at work and I wouldn't know until I got back :(

Great news about your buns.

I lost my Nougs to flystrike. It literally happened overnight, as I am quite vigilant about my bunnies. She was overweight though, and at greater risk. Horrible thing to have to go through, but sometimesthese things happen.

Back