• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which insurers are your buns with and why?

Bun Bun

Warren Scout
Looking at insuring the buns but there are so many around i don't know which is more competitive. I want one that doesn't put exclusions in, for example if one bun hurts their leg then from that point onwards anything to do with that leg, even if unrelated is excluded.

Any recommendations?

i thought pet plan was the only company to insure buns?

maybe im wrong but when i searched thats all i could find x

i think there are a few exotics insurers out there, i went with petplan cus they was good when i had to claim for my cat. petplan cover for life and each condition is also covered continuously. ive heard people say they dont cover teeth issues but from reading the small print they should cover any emergancy dental care as long as the rabbit had a proper teeth check in the 6 month period before that time. and same as with dogs and cats if they arent vaccinated they wont be covered for issues arising from VHD or Myxi.

Petplan, Pet Protect, PDSA, PHA Pet (why do they all begin with P??) Helpucover are some of the ones I have found on google.

Can you apply for Petplan insurance online?

I'd like to insure Hiro and Kiki while they're still young and healthy

see i was wondering what insurers to go with petplan quoted me 11 quid a month for one, which covered alternitive medicine, and vet fees but i dont want boarding and rescue cover i have friends who will look after them and im quite capaple of putting posters up my self if and i say if any pet i have goes missing, also id like an insurers that covers me when i am at the vet not after

I insure with petplan because from what I read they are the only insurer to offer full dental cover. Although they do require a regular dental checkup. Other insurers seems to exclude more things than petplan.

You just have to read the conditions of the insurance and see which one suits you best.

thats good, for me its £13 per bun :shock: i dont have them insured cus i have four and its just not worth it

I have four and I get multi - pet discount. You're right - it doesn't feel like it's worth the money...until something happens. On of mine got stasis and had to stay at the vet hospital for two days on drips and all sorts. It cost £230. My uther bunny has had to have two lots of dentals in the last year, £150 go a time. I know it seems like a lot of money but if things start happening and you have to pay out of your own pocket, you'll regret not doing it.

I pay £8 a bun including the multi-pet discount with PetPlan. It's DEFINITELY worth it!!

cool :) They quoted me £9 odd for the two buns :)

I have just tried to insure my two little babies and was quoted £8.70, however this is only for one rabbit although i asked for a quite for two. Be careful and double check that it is defo for two it says you have to ring for a quote for more than one rabbit. It also quotes the same price if you do a quote for 1 or 4 rabbits. I would double check.

Its got to be worth insuring them hun my friend has all her 6 insured with one recently being ill vet bill was nearly 300 pound but she was insured with petplan n had no problem gettin the claim sorted so insurance for ya buns is really essential correct me if im wrong :)

I been told i cant insure my 2 new buns till both have ad all injections n both been spayed is this right ?

I have just tried to insure my two little babies and was quoted £8.70, however this is only for one rabbit although i asked for a quite for two. Be careful and double check that it is defo for two it says you have to ring for a quote for more than one rabbit. It also quotes the same price if you do a quote for 1 or 4 rabbits. I would double check.

The price can vary greatly. It depends on what area you are in, as some are more myxi and VHD prone :)

Back