• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

good or bad

amandaf

Warren Scout
i ordered some of the mountain hay from galens garden,my two little ones are fussy so trying all different ones.Now i am not to knowledgable in bunny dept but must say i have improved greatly reading posts,threads on here.Well everyone says hay and more hay so have been feeding my little ones this and then i have just read the analysis

protein 18%
fibre 26.38%
calcium 4.89%
phosphorous 1.35%

have just stopped giving them alfalfa and cut down on the readigrass and looks like i have replaced it with something worse, could some of you bunny knowledgable bunny lovers please do a post to say what ratios we should be looking for,ie i know fibre should be higher than protein but what percentage protein becomes to bad,calcium not good again what percentage should we look for is it under 1%.Like myself i thought hay is all the same obviously i know it is'nt but you go into the pet shop see hay and just think this is what bunnies should eat and don't give it a second thought,like readigrass the thing i read was 100% natural feed,no additives,preservatives allowing all the goodness of natural grass all year round,so confusing

amanda

thanks for that janice so pleased your a forum buddy ,why are'nt you one ecudc sorry don't know your name but both of you always give good sound advice.I do use oxbow hay's and will be doing a dfh run at the beginning of august if anyone in my neck of the woods want's some,i don't pay for petrol so just what it costs me,have just purchased some from www i like it not to sure on the buns though.Thanks for the links both really usefull and for your expertise and knowledge:D

amanda

Back