• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you start bunny Fostering? Or Volunteering?

twinklejake

Young Bun
Morning! :wave:

Can anyone tell me how you get into bunny/piggie fostering? Or volunteering at a rescue?

What are the requirements etc?

:love:Have lots of bunny love to give! :love:

Thanks! :D

Last edited:
You would need to have a look round at local rescues near to you and make contact to see if they need fosterers at the moment. Fosterering varies in detail from one rescue to another, so have a ring round and see where the needs lie.

Hi there i foster for the rspca too at barnes hill - birmingham. U just have to go along or give them a call and tell them u wish to volunteer. Then they give u a home check if u wish to foster. I started by going down to spend time with the bunnies as they needed handling and cuddles. i would spend an hour or two with the nervous one to get them use to being handled as the staff dont have time to spend as they have so many duties bless them. then i asked if i could foster one as he needed attention everyday becuse he was so aggressive. I got there he became a lovley friendly bunnie and got a new home he had been in the centre 3 months as he bite everyone who went near him. I Have just handed back 4 babies that i have hand reared and managed to to find homes for 2. Its very rewarding and i love it. Where in birmingham are you?

well there u go then - i am by the quinton cinema myself. I only have the office number for them which is 0121 427 6111 just ask to speak to one of the supervisors there and they will arrange a little interview for u. its not a lot just tellin the procedures and asking for ur details for health and safety reasons.

Good Luck x

No probs - i should have said u can also go down and have a look round tell them u are interesting in workin with the small animals they have all kinds there and the rabbit pens are new and rather impressive now.

Back