• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got angry again

isla

Mama Doe
I was on the phone to the vet today again, chatting about Jessica (and getting the other two in for myxi jabs) and she pointed out that I have had her for nearly a year, and I am still sorting out (and paying through the roof) for her last owerners horrid mistakes. She is now booked in for another opp on the molars and to have her incisors out. The left side of her face is looking like shes getting another abcess, and she doesn't cope well with G.A.'S (she's had loads in the past year) so that will be loads more drugs pumped into her, she hasn't even had her VHD jab, because she wasn't well enough for it.

I know this is not all the old owners fault, and it could have happened anyway, but its just getting on top of me. I was even thinking it would be kinder to have her pts the other day, as she just has to go through so much, and I don't know if our good times outway the constant bad time for her.

Its amazing how much they can stress you out!

I think I just need happy-ness vibes at the mo.

Awwwwww all I can say is be strong, if it's her molars it's unlikely to be anyones fault just one of those things. I have and am in the same situation as you with Zippy, but she wants to live so I keep patching her up and carrying on. You know your bunny best, I am glad I have fought to carry on with Zip and she's had all her teeth out, but a few keep coming back, she's had some awfull abcsesses but thankfully we got on top of them and she's abcesses free at the minute. I am sending you lots of calming vibes. XXXX

Awwwwww all I can say is be strong, if it's her molars it's unlikely to be anyones fault just one of those things. I have and am in the same situation as you with Zippy, but she wants to live so I keep patching her up and carrying on. You know your bunny best, I am glad I have fought to carry on with Zip and she's had all her teeth out, but a few keep coming back, she's had some awfull abcsesses but thankfully we got on top of them and she's abcesses free at the minute. I am sending you lots of calming vibes. XXXX

Thank you, I'm at a horriable crying point. And its worse because everyone I know are the type of people that say 'its just a rabbit'. But shes my little angel, I'd have no-one to be mummy to if it wasn't for her.

I am sure she appreciates all you do :), it's so wearing caring for a sick bunny over such a long period of time. I think with such extreme dental problems it really has it's downs, I am so paranoid about Zip, I am constantly going and poking her just to see if she's ok.

I can't give you any advice as, but just want you to know if you ever need to chat i am here, it's so stressful for you and bun having ga's so often, I am bag of nerves everytime I take her just in case this is the time she doesn't come round. I really feel for you, I wouldn't want to be where you're at now and do it all again, we're coming up to the third year of doing the dental thing now and I am incredibly surprised and elated that she has managed to go for so long.

Don't give up hope, so times are just worse than others. :(

Yeah everytime she eats all her dinner and hay its like a miracal (although at the moment shes stuffing her face). I'm just worried about how much things will change after her next opp, it doesn't seem fair that such a sweet animal that has been through 2 years of the worst neglect should have to put up with all this.

She came to me, after what must seam like a million years in a tiny dirty prison, to have opp after opp, medication after medication and pretty much always in pain. And yet everytime I pat the bed, she always jumps up to get under the covers for a snuggel. I have no idea how or why she trusts or loves people as much as she does.

Awww I really feel for you.

My Tinkerbell's molars are in a bad way too. When it was discovered I was really upset and kept saying to the vet how she has always eaten hay, worrying that the vet would think I was a rubbish owner. BUT it is nothing to do with this, just bad luck or maybe bad breeding who knows?

It is a waiting game with these problems but we have decided to take each day as it comes and enjoy Tinkerbell by living in the moment :D

Hope you are feeling better soon.

:cry: Sending my hugs to you both Isla. Maybe this will be the final hurdle for Jessica and then the 2 of you can enjoy a long and peaceful life together. They say the darkest hour is just before dawn. And you've both come so far. Not far now and Jessica is up for the fight by the sounds of things.

Don't know if this helps but we've taken in an old deaf cat from the RSPCA who was twice brought to their vet for pts. You should see her now though, ruling the house, demanding food and sleeping where she likes. So glad the vet gave her another chance each time - she so wanted to live and she never gave up hope of a forever home. :)

Awww i know how you feel too. My Twinkle has awful teeth from her previous owners and has had to have dentals pretty regularly. Im trying to cut down on her pellets at the minute to get her to eat more hay cos she's not a big hay eater. I'm hoping that will help. Im constantly poking and prodding her to feel if there are any abscesses or infections but she's an absolute love and puts up with it all. She loves her life and knows im only doing it cos I want to make her better. She's got one big thing to stay here for - her beloved Jess.

DSC00334.jpg

They adore each other and ive no idea what would happen if for any reason anything happened to one of them. Keep persevering - she's worth it!

Loads of hugs and cuddles from all of us!!

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling a little better about it all today. And I suppose that once she has had the front ones out, that will be the end of the troubles for those teeth at least.

Back