• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not Eating!/ud this morning!

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Eclipse hasnt eaten anything all day and has only done a wee and a few poos. I have syringed some mashed up pellets and water into him but he wont eat by himself and wont move unless made to. his belly is not hard, he feels normal in that area and he was given a clean bill of health just 3 weeks ago. Do I take him to the emergency vet who charge £70 just to see him or what do I do? :cry::cry:

Last edited:
must be a thing going round with this tummy thing i took in 3 foster bunnies and my own one has the same problem and my bunny has a mainly hay diet its blimin weird,i put the foster bunnies down to stress so im treating and watching carfully, if bunny is not eating or drinking i would be worried how is the poo all mine had small dark poos when they are mostly ment to golden sort of colour, im just wondering if hot weather puts them off eating abit i could be wrong on this was just a thought im sure some else will give you better advise than me,

well he last ate and pood early this morning apart from that hes had what I syringed into him.

Id take him to the vets then,Claude was poorly the other week not eating and just lying down he wasnt bloated but he did have a gassy tum he had 3 injections it was very expensive but i wouldnt of slept that night otherwise
Hope your boy is ok xxx

Stasis can happen to any bun at anytime...regardless whether or not they are healthy.
If you think there is something not right with him (and only you know your bunny) then yes take him to the vet. If you leave him and he he gets worse he will have to go tomorrow anyway.

If he is not moving around unless made to then that to me suggests something is wrong with him. Have you tried massaging his stomach? usually it's pretty easy to tell if it's empty and if he has any gas you should be able to hear it rumbling around.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ sending bunny vibes}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} not nice im dealing with 4 like it at the mo :( got treatment for all though all doing ok least they are all still eating and drinking,

I hope he's ok. Sending eating-and-pooing vibes. I've just gone through this with my girly bun-Lailey. She's still on a cocktail of drugs but certainly so much better. Back to her cheeky self:love: Keep us updated. I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Juliaxx

Back from the vets. I caught it before his tummy got gassy so I caught it before it got bad. He was given 3 injections and i have some critical care formula I have to syringe in to him, he also has some baytril. If not any better by morning he will be off again tomorrow. Keeping him inside tonight to monitor his poos.

Thanks for the vibes xx

Back from the vets. I caught it before his tummy got gassy so I caught it before it got bad. He was given 3 injections and i have some critical care formula I have to syringe in to him, he also has some baytril. If not any better by morning he will be off again tomorrow. Keeping him inside tonight to monitor his poos.

Thanks for the vibes xx

More vibes hes better by the morning x

Back