• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stolen rabbit

Tonyh

Young Bun
Hi all,
Just spent the last hour arguing with the police because my sisters boyfriend decided to steal a rabbit i had here as a rescue rabbit.
Because my sister is involved the police decided that i may drop the charge when i calm down so that was the first exscuse second one was why should we look for a rabbit. My first answer was because it was ill the second answer was because it was stolen. There answer was not our p[roblem but as far as im concerned its a theft from my property i know exactly where the rabbit is but as the police stated if i go and do anything i will be arrested. How backwards is that they steal it and im the one in trouble if i take steps to get it back.
As this rabbit was starved when i first got her and had been given about an hour to live by the vet and give me the option to help her along with the hour which i didnt agree with and quite rightly so as its two weeks now and she is starting to get full of life. I have grown very fond of the little bunny.

My question here is does anyone have the experience to tell me whether the police was right in saying tough.

I have also got the rspca involved now to get the rabbitback which they are doing last time i spoke to them
Thanks
Tony

Last edited:
The police have some of my rabbits, which they came and took, I have no idea when I'm getting them back.

The rabbits mine.
The rabbit was found in an abondoned locked in a hutch in a terrace house back yard by some children.
There mother come and seen me as knew i had rabbits.
the police actually agreed to me taking the rabbit providing it was took to a vet while they was present

The police have some of my rabbits, which they came and took, I have no idea when I'm getting them back.

Hi SOAD,
Do you know why they turned up in the first place. I found it really wierd that reporting a theft from inside my house wont be investigated no matter whether its a tin of beans a million pounds or a rabbit

I think because its your sister, they are not treating it as theft. Have you spoken to her and why did she want this rabbit and not buy her own?

Animals are in effect property under law so they should/can be treated just the same as if she'd stolen a TV. The family connection might be the issue as police aren't always keen on domestic feuds.

I think you are doing all the right things Tony.. Are you on good turns with your sister ? Why on earth would her boyfriend want to steal your bunny ?

Have you spoken to your sister about it? I'd have a chat with her tomorrow see if you can sort it out then go back to the police if not.

@ Raine
She didnt steal it her boyfriend did. I suspect he thinks she is worth something cash wise. Also to be honest i wouldnt let any of them buy a virtual pet with batteries.

@ Tamsin
The police spoke to her and thats how it was definatly confirmed at being at her boyfriends. Sister or not poor greatness (thats her name) is more important.

@ karen
I suspect he thinks she is worth something cash wise he shouldnt have even been in my house.

If you want to report a crime, the police HAVE to let you report it. They are then obliged to investigate it.

What rank was the person you spoke to? If he was a normal constable I would ask to speak to a sergeant and just press the matter.

If they still refuse, tell the individual officer that you will make a complaint against them and then do it:
http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/index/complaints/how_complaint.htm

Did he break in to take her? I'd push that as an issue to the police to.

No my sister had the spare key as she was suppose to be accepting a delivery for us today

@ timb0h
Just a basic copper. Thank you for the link and info im going to look at it now

Stolen rabbit - UD She is now in a better place

Well the rspca finally obtained access to the house where Greatness was taken to when stolen. Unfortunatly she hasnt made it. Im lost for words if the police had done there job it would have been resolved and Greatness would have been home.
There has been 2 arrests though as its became knowledge that apart from stealing my rabbit they had a nice little collection of stolen pets which have gone missing from homes around the northwest mostly exotic. I dont know anymore than that i just hope the two of them rot away wherever they end up.

Well the rspca finally obtained access to the house where Greatness was taken to when stolen. Unfortunatly she hasnt made it. Im lost for words if the police had done there job it would have been resolved and Greatness would have been home.
There has been 2 arrests though as its became knowledge that apart from stealing my rabbit they had a nice little collection of stolen pets which have gone missing from homes around the northwest mostly exotic. I dont know anymore than that i just hope the two of them rot away wherever they end up.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm so sorry, what a horrible mess :cry: :cry:

RIP Greatness, binky free girl xxx

Back