• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do i feed baby rabbits?

claire_wales

Young Bun
well today my bunnies are 9 days old.when they start to eat what will i need to feed them on? at the moment my rabbits have been having russel rabbit apple mix, and i have been giving a few wagg pellets. they have carrots and cabbage,hay and water.
its a few years since i bred rabbits or even kept them im out of practice!!!!!

doesnt anyone on here feed their baby rabbits then???,if i was relying on this site for answers on what to feed them they would have starved by now....lolololol

They're gonna start eating their mother's food at around 2-3 weeks. Just feed them the same you feed the adult rabbits, remember small rabbits have an extra sensitive stomach, so you shouldn't suddenly start feeding it new food (veggies etc) unless the mother is already used to having it since the babies were born.:wave:

ok great thanks, oooops so its my fault sorry guys i put this in the wrong section,im like a drip with these forums im forever posting in the wrong places lol

thanks for the replies, at least now i know i wont need to go out in a hurry to get some special food ready for the babies.

ive had god knows how many baby rabbits over the years,but its not until you come onto these forums you realise a few things you have been doing wrong so by reading different things on here has made me panic a bit...lol

Back