• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance

:wave:
i have my shauny insured with petplan (our moll is 8 and too old) but i would def say its a good idea, shauny had to go to the emergency vets and it was touch and go the bill was near £400 pound we paid £65 (excess)

well worth it for £8 a month!.
p.s ive just been sent a voucher which gives a friend 2 months free insurance when you take out a policy (if i can help pm me with ur address and il send it to you).
x

Yep, my two are with pet plan too, and its about £17 -18 (can't remember exactly). Both have been ill recently & cost about £600. We've had no problems claimimg it back (less the excess of course). Very quick & efficient turn around.

One thing is they may not cover dental work for bunnies. They paid the once for us, but Thumper had other issues as well at the time but they have said they will not cover any future dentals.

Rocky is covered by petplan for £8.77 a month with a £50 excess. He has life cover, which means the number of claims for any single condition is not limited (therefore you can continue to claim if the condition is recurring) definitely a goer I'd say :thumb:

Also I phoned them recently to double check about premium increases, and they said they never increase the monthly premium based on how much/many times you claim. Prices only go up with inflation (relating to vet fees etc)

I'm with ExoticDirect and am just about to find out how good they are!!:) The claim forms with the vets now. I know its a £45 excess.

Juliaxx

I'm with ExoticDirect and am just about to find out how good they are!!:) The claim forms with the vets now. I know its a £45 excess.

Juliaxx

I was just looking at their website. They are cheaper than petplan I think... two bunnies for £13 a month for me just on a basic quote.... will ring and find out for definate... as petplan seem to be about £18 for two..

Please check the details of what is/is not covered. The differences are quite big.

Some don't cover dental at all. One of them covers 50% of dental. Petplan cover dental if there are no preexisting problems and you take them for a dental checkup every year.

Make sure you get cover for life too. It would be awful if they were treated for the first year and then you had to skirt bankruptcy to cover all future years and some illnesses are for life!

Out of my 5 I have Bluebell (my frenchie) covered and I have a fund that I put £20 into a month to cover any fee's, also dip into that to pay for neutering, jabs etc.

Back