• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly Bun U\D 1st July

charl343

Warren Scout
Hi
Haven't been on here a while but today just thoughts I'd leave a message for vibes for Paddy.
I noticed yesterday that he was off his food and hadn't pooped but he seemed quite lively and was drinking so thought I'd keep an eye on him however today he was still the same but had weepy eyes so I took him the vets and he has an abcess where his teeth have grown unevenly on the top set which were longer than the bottom. The vet thinks the infection has spread to his jaw bone so he has to go for an xray to check on monday and then treatment if possible from there so in the meantime he is on fluids and antibiotics till then. She said not to hold much hope for him but I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed. He seems pretty lively still and after some painkillers has wolfed down a bit of banana although still no poops. Has anyone else had any experiences with this if so any advice or comments would be appriciated.

Thanks
x

Last edited:
Just an update, Paddy seems worse this morning, he wont swallow any of the food or liquid I am trying to feed him and still has no poops. x

Just an update, Paddy seems worse this morning, he wont swallow any of the food or liquid I am trying to feed him and still has no poops. x

Oh I'm sorry, come on little man try for your mummy & get better soon - sending you loads of vibes & bunny hugs xx

i dont think you have mentioned it.... have they given him a gut stimulant? he could really do with one, and i think it might help to give him some probiotics(helps give good bacteria when on antibiotics.) i really have my fingers crossed for the little one have you treid giving him little tummy rubs too?

Hi
He was given a gut stimulant yesterday at about half 5ish and has had probiotics since yesterday morning. He has also had a bit of pineapple juice in the hope that will help but still nothing.x

Just an update. Paddy went to have his xrays this morning. We got a phone call saying that there was no infection in his bone and they had drained the abssess and sorted his teeth and would need a long course of antibiotics but all went well and he was coming around. Unfortunatly all must have been a bit too much for little Paddy and when in recovery and coming around, he suffered a heart attack and went off to rainbow bridge this afternoon x

Just an update. Paddy went to have his xrays this morning. We got a phone call saying that there was no infection in his bone and they had drained the abssess and sorted his teeth and would need a long course of antibiotics but all went well and he was coming around. Unfortunatly all must have been a bit too much for little Paddy and when in recovery and coming around, he suffered a heart attack and went off to rainbow bridge this afternoon x

:shock::shock::cry::cry: Oh no how sad I'm so sorry..

Binky free Paddy :cry:

How awful for you and what a terrible shock.Im so sorry big hugs coming your way.Binky free Paddy.

Back