• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Had my rabbit spayed

paulcunny

New Kit
Had her done yesterday, she's in her cage, covered her in her blanket to keep her warm, she doesnt seem to be eating though, i've tried to hand feed her but she turns away, and she wont take her meds, i'm a bit scared of picking her up incase i hurt her, what can i do?

Have you tried tempting her with all her fave foods? You could also try adding some water to her pellets mix it up and try to syringe feed her, has she pooed at all?

Just fed her some lettuce, put the meds on the lettuce and she ate it :) she hasnt pood yet, hopefully she will though

Don't worry to much we've had plenty of does done in the past , i'd take her to the vets they should give you something called supreme science recovery that should get her bowl moving , just make sure they don't give her the injection cause every rabbit we've had thats had that has died it can kill them. Try some veg's ,cabbage , carrots and apple's is what our very fussy rabbit eat , its very stressful for the doe's and a bigger op than the bucks so she will recover slowly , don't be scared to pick her up just pick her up under the upper part of her belly , you'll need to pick her up to check her wound. Pineapple juice is excellent as well but i would take her to the vets cause you don't want her getting statis . Good luck if you do take her hope she pulls through :wave:

Mine liked strawberries to tempt him back to eating. And ate his pellets when they were mushed up with warm water. He ate it directly from a spoon!

Has the vet asked you to go back in a couple of days to do a post-op check?

Mine liked strawberries to tempt him back to eating. And ate his pellets when they were mushed up with warm water. He ate it directly from a spoon!

Has the vet asked you to go back in a couple of days to do a post-op check?

i'll try strawberrys :)

yes, the vet asked me to take her back on tuesday

Back