• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Truffle's in intensive care - vibes please

Lindt bunny

Warren Scout
:(:(

I noticed last night she was off her food (I feed them twice a day) and although she was poo'ing she was doing it less. She was moving around and cleaning herself as well as licking her salt lick and drinking so I thought she was ok.

This morning she looked round and fat and her eyes just looked wrong, there were no poos or wee. She had a look that scared me. I orally syringed some water and pineapple juice and a bit of infacol.

The vets had no appointments until tonight but I insisted and they fitted me in (by double booking as a way of getting me in). We had a 9am appointment

I took her in and it doesn't look good at all and they have admitted her to get fluids in and all sorts. I am so upset, she is only 12 weeks.

I am here feeling sick with worry ...:cry:

K x

Oh dear, sending lots of vibes and hugs to you.

Well done for spotting this so quickly and for acting on it and insisting the vets see her. She is in the best place but I know you will worry - we all would. When can you to call check on her?

Hope all goes OK. :)

Maria x

I hope little Truffle is OK, well done for getting her to the vets so quickly. I couldn't get Calli in to see a regular vet (I'm suspiscious of locums} until 2:50pm so we have had to give her some home support in the meantime.

Sending (((vibes))) x

Not looking good I'm afraid. Initially the injections to stimulate the gut looked promising and all the other bits (£150 worth) and she even eat the orally syringed food but has taken a down turn this afternoon. The Vet has said that he will ring tomorrow but if there is no improvement there may be little he can do .....:cry: but he will ring me tomorrow after their morning rounds.

I am in shock here as this came out of the blue and she is so young ... :cry:

K x

My little Stumpy was very ill last week and on a drip,things looked very bad for him.Two days later you would not know he had been ill,so I am really really hoping that this will be the case for baby truffles as she is the same age as Stumpy :love:

Back