• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit rescues

lilminxlou

Mama Doe
is there any rescues in wales? i cant find any that are close too me? and traveling is a bit of a problem. i really want to rescue a bun as i think it would be the best thing to do. i got gumpy from p@h but i now realise that there are bun rescues so i want to do something positive. also would it be cruel to get a bun from a rescue but to rename it as i love the name mali but dont want to change its name if it will confuse the bun

is there any rescues in wales? i cant find any that are close too me? and traveling is a bit of a problem. i really want to rescue a bun as i think it would be the best thing to do. i got gumpy from p@h but i now realise that there are bun rescues so i want to do something positive. also would it be cruel to get a bun from a rescue but to rename it as i love the name mali but dont want to change its name if it will confuse the bun

There are lots of rescues listed on RR
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

they are listed alphabetically by country so
England
Scotland
Wales

just scroll down to the end and there are about 9 Welsh rescues listed. :D

Maria x

I renamed my two rescue buns - but asked the rescue centre if they minded first as a courtesy. The only time I wouldn't rename is if it was an older bun who knew his name. (Even then you may be able to change it a little so long as it sound the samse to them. For example, we adopted a cat when we were little called "Tartie" and renamed her Topsy as the beginning and ending were similar enough.) Wait and see, there may be a little marie or mary out there!

I have renamed two, I loved the names before, just had my reasons.

Iceman was too much of a mouth full and a bit clunky to call, so I named in george.

Paws, I changed to Dylan, although Paws suits him too. I changed because I lost my cashy Marley who I adored so much, I went in search of cashy's and KayJ had Paws back in the same day I thought I wouldn't find one (he'd been rehome once but had been returned).

When I had Bob I called him that so I could have a Bob and a Marley, so I wanted Paws on that theme, so I called him Dylan, so I could have Bob Dylan.

Although Dylan didn't end up bonding with Bea, Masie and Bob, he ended up being Holly's partner so completely lost the whole Bob Dylan thing anyway :lol::lol::lol:

Back