PDA

View Full Version : rabbit rescues

lilminxlou
27-06-2008, 09:56 AM
is there any rescues in wales? i cant find any that are close too me? and traveling is a bit of a problem. i really want to rescue a bun as i think it would be the best thing to do. i got gumpy from p@h but i now realise that there are bun rescues so i want to do something positive. also would it be cruel to get a bun from a rescue but to rename it as i love the name mali but dont want to change its name if it will confuse the bun

Neil-and-Maria
27-06-2008, 10:00 AM
is there any rescues in wales? i cant find any that are close too me? and traveling is a bit of a problem. i really want to rescue a bun as i think it would be the best thing to do. i got gumpy from p@h but i now realise that there are bun rescues so i want to do something positive. also would it be cruel to get a bun from a rescue but to rename it as i love the name mali but dont want to change its name if it will confuse the bun

There are lots of rescues listed on RR
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

they are listed alphabetically by country so
England
Scotland
Wales

just scroll down to the end and there are about 9 Welsh rescues listed. :D

Maria x

lilminxlou
27-06-2008, 10:02 AM
thanks maria will have a look. what do you think about renaming though?

Neil-and-Maria
27-06-2008, 11:05 AM
We have renamed all of ours. The only I time I wouldn't do that is if the bun responds to their name. :D

Maria x

Rowan
27-06-2008, 11:05 AM
I renamed my two rescue buns - but asked the rescue centre if they minded first as a courtesy. The only time I wouldn't rename is if it was an older bun who knew his name. (Even then you may be able to change it a little so long as it sound the samse to them. For example, we adopted a cat when we were little called "Tartie" and renamed her Topsy as the beginning and ending were similar enough.) Wait and see, there may be a little marie or mary out there!

SOAD
27-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I have renamed two, I loved the names before, just had my reasons.

Iceman was too much of a mouth full and a bit clunky to call, so I named in george.

Paws, I changed to Dylan, although Paws suits him too. I changed because I lost my cashy Marley who I adored so much, I went in search of cashy's and KayJ had Paws back in the same day I thought I wouldn't find one (he'd been rehome once but had been returned).

When I had Bob I called him that so I could have a Bob and a Marley, so I wanted Paws on that theme, so I called him Dylan, so I could have Bob Dylan.

Although Dylan didn't end up bonding with Bea, Masie and Bob, he ended up being Holly's partner so completely lost the whole Bob Dylan thing anyway :lol::lol::lol: