• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad belly! Wet Tail!

clairescanvas

Young Bun
Little Gloria got herself into quite a mess this morning and i cant think why. She is only eating rabbit food and hay is there any thing elce that could cause it?

She is running around happy now and her toileting is now fine.

She is eating and drinking normally x

she is coming up to 6 weeks and it was diarrhoea although she is fine now!

Im just worried what the cause could have been when she is not eating anything but rabbit food and a small amount of hay (Excel Herbage, Timothy Hay with Herbs)

she is coming up to 6 weeks and it was diarrhoea although she is fine now!

Im just worried what the cause could have been when she is not eating anything but rabbit food and a small amount of hay (Excel Herbage, Timothy Hay with Herbs)

Oh cricky, is she not with Mom, how old was she when you took her on?

i know its discusting, i got her from a pet shop and ive been so annoyed at myself for trusting the pet shop owner.

Shes a dwalf and they said she was 8 weeks, id never seen a baby dwalf and all of the buns were very active so trusted that they were infact 8 weeks.

The Vet confirmed how young she sctually was and i gave the pet shop a good teeling off and my vet have reported them.

I will be taking her to the vets every week to make sure shes doing well :)

im just glad its me who bought her and not a parent as a pet for a child!

Shes a house bun so is getting lots of attention and always has a watchful eye on her! Ive got a little experience with young rabbits as Norris (my other bun) was hand reered but this was a good 4 years back so this site is fab for when im alittel rusty on things.

Are you feeding her vegetables?

If so it is probably that upsetting her tum as she is too young to have them.

Back