• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do I need to start a Boarding Service ?

I have a spare brand new triple decker hutch as all my babies were rehomed (bought in case I needed to keep them !)

I was thinking - I could board guinea pigs and / or rabbits

What do I need to do ?

Emilia xxx

I think you would need insurance, but not sure, how about you mail one of the boarding establishments that are already running and ask?

You need good insurance, time, energy, more hours in the day than there are, a very good relationship with your vet, good knowledge of the animals you will be boarding, a CRB check if you are going to extend this to looking after them in peoples homes, advertising, various foods, bedding and hay for the animals, register at the tax office as self employed, first aid kit for emergencies, an accountant unless you can do Tax returns yourself and quite a bit of money to set it all up. People are often under the misunderstanding that all it takes is a few hutches and you're away - beleive me it's not as easy as people think.

hey we are a boarding service and ill keep it sort and sweet the money thats taken off you, e,g insurance, tax, animal materials, hay straw, adertising and many more the list is endless. you will need alot more than one hutch to get your money back. why dont you do fostering? i would love to of done fostering :)

Back