• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how not to put up thistle hall!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:oops: yup really thats what happened to me today:lol:

all i can say is thank you soooo much Gem..you did all the hard work...and were patient with me to a fault..mind you another half an hour and you might have been less patient!:lol:

we took it apart totally about three times..semi apart about four times then realsied wed have to take it apart totally..the scres lost their crosses...i lost my mind..we had doors upside down..you name it it happened....
30 minutes easy to put up:shock: who says:lol:

it was so lovely to finally finish it then try to move it across my lounge....;)

Gem had the honour of getting the babys out and puttin them in their new home..bandit went ooh where am i how do i get down..we put him in the top decidied to put bif at the bottom and hoped theyd meet halfway..um nope!

anyway bif was the last to be picked up and its so weird but each time shes met Gem since she looked after her in the rescue over 2 years ago..she seems to recognise her! And today more than ever she gave gem a real long loving cuddle..i was sooo jealous:( but it was so lovley to see....she really does have a thing for gem:love: and i think she enjoyed the cuddle as much as bif did...aww.

anyway i had some pen panels aorund a huge litter tray with food n water so it didnt get wet peed on etc by accident in the hutch. bif was ecsatic..so excited and happy her whiskers were whirling aorund and ears were helicopter ones....and she kept running up to gem to rub her nose thru the bars..and let me do it too..one happy bunny.

tonight my daughter has persuaded me to put the tray water and food downstairs in the hutch for them to get used to being in it and in case willow were to get over the panels..i think she wouldnt without a step ladder these days but niiki wasnt so sure and it owuldnt be willow starting the fights!
so for overnite theyre in their hutch with some apnels around back sides and front but much closer to the doors..in case willow or bertie de cide to have a wood chew!:shock:

weve left bits of dried apple along the ramp and upstairs..but i really think theyll never realise there is an upstairs!

a very hard afternoon...try 3 hrs not 30 minutes:oops::oops:

i hope the tinies like it..its just what they look like in it....um i thought itd fit better in my lounge...only just:shock: with that and the frenchies scooby doo tent.........

awaiting cleaning and putting away is the cage the littlies were sharing....itll have to wait until tomorrow...my bad ankle and foot and back are agony....aww poor me.......

then i can fold up the metal top and store it in the little bedroom for now...

it means we get the both of both bunny worlds...and we canhave the frenchies come back on the sette for cuddles like they do.....with the cats!

i think no i know i now hold the record for slowets time ever to put up a thistle hall!!

hurrah for me....:lol:

Gem took some today...ill have to ask her:lol:

mm once the other cage is cleaned up and shipped upstairs then piccies i will indeed take.......

i reckon they need those stick em up jml lights as the hutch is very dark even with the two nightlights on in the lounge:oops:

nowhere to walk until i get that cage moved! and persuade willow and bertie to let me move their tent back against the wall where it was..i need them and their dog bowls of food n water out of it first!:lol:

Well you can't have space and bunnies!! :lol:

I think I know the lights you mean. Do they stick on the wall and you push them to turn them on?

It took my husband three hours to put up Thistle Hall too. He thought he'd got it right until I opened the doors and they fell off! He had to take it apart twice, but found it extremely hard to unslot those plastic slot in bits. Went into Pets at Home with a friend on Tuesday and the manager was putting one up. He'd done it in the time it took her little boy to choose two guinea pigs and a cage!

Aww well at least it's up now - well done both for persevering!! :)
One of mine struggled with the concept of 'downstairs' :oops: so eventually I put him down there himself and he managed to find his way up AND down after that with no problem!

sounds like fun :lol:

I had the same traumas when I had a parsley den, it took hours, we had to dismantle it several times and at one point my sister screwed on the doors and trapped me inside it :shock:

:lol::lol: wonderful..i feel so much better now..im not alone

did anyone find the screws were awful..esp the ones for the back..i ended up getting two halfway and giving up..the heads were gone!

the ones for the roof were wonderful..but i didnt even do the ones in the door frame..the two screws...mines a bit warped..my own fault..till gem could help me put it up it was in the porch for my daughters wheelchair and it reaches sweltering melting heat in there......
i think itll be ok tho i mean its only for indoors.

:lol: yeah the stick up lights ones........altho iver decided i might opt for some cheap solar rock lights or something and charge them ont he windowsill all day and let them ahve light..or buy two sets one ofr the day and one for the night:shock:

tempted to blow £20 on a sun in a jar or moon in a jar..solar light form...iwantoneofthose.com what do you reckon the sun in a ajr for the daytime and the moon in a jar which is blue for overnight?:lol::lol:

i cannot belive the difference it has made in all 4 bunnies behaviour!!
the tinies are loving the security...and really chilled out..until this evening we found the ladder had colapsed!:shock::shock: it was in place hard enough!

and no..they cant figure out theres a downstairs when i put them upstairs..and cant figure theres an upstairs when theres a downstairs:? weve even put dried apple rings leading up the stairs to the bedroom which is full of their cuddly toys and still oodles of stretched out buny x2 sleep space!!

to be honest my two are lost in it.........:shock:

the other thing is i cleared the other cage etc away today but even then willow has calmed down so much as has bertie....bertie was used to talking to other buns through hutch doors ..and hes seeming to feel at home withthis..and him n wlow are sleeping against the pen panles just outside the door and they dont get miffed with the tiny buns..the tiny buns dont bother about them being there...i thought maybe it was to intimidate the littlies..maybe it is but its all clamed down and sooopeaceful!

willows been trotting aorund the odnwstiars of the hosue and letting us stroke her..shes chuffed to bits...i think the problem was they felt neglected and shut off as they were at other ends of the lounge with pen panles partitoning them off. now all the buns and their stuff is at one end of the lounge!

im not feeling too good and decided anyway to leave the littlies in their hutch to settle in..i found one wee wee at the base of the ladder tonite. then let them come out at their own pace..which is when i will need to partition again for run arounds.

how did you get yours to use upstairs..i thought mine would love it!:(

lol berties jealous he wants to nap in the hutch..memories for him....so i said theyve got their tent..would he really be happy in a lavender lodge instead of his beloved scooby doo tent:lol::lol: he hasnt moaned since:lol:

the reason the hutch is so dark is the back is facing the widow/sliding doors.....with the open kitchen and halway dor theres light but i didnt bank on how deep the hutch was:oops:

pmsl..that happended to gem..she opened a door and it fell off..oops upside down:lol: ooh those plastic things are a brill idea..but they hard to line up..we even had one that was only held on by one screw! but to take it apart again they were hell to move!

all in all im glad i got it..i would have been ok with the sage hall but the money diff wasnt a lot as i got 14% off my first order..and even now the hall is down to £109 now! my buns are in bunny bliss thats all that counts..and oh did i mention we have space aorund the chairs n settee now!:lol:

mm i think pets at home should have a team we can hire to put the damned things up! i thought it said 30 mins to put up...checking the leaflet today its 10 mins!:shock:

should we all keep this three hour efofrts a secret do ya think:lol::lol:

Back