• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Probable cause of death

Ashley

Alpha Buck
Can i have your knowledgable thoughts. You may have read my post in Rainbow Bridge this week. My 4 yr old doe died suddenly. The shock is starting to wear off and i can't stop wondering what could have made her die.

She was acting normally she ate veg (nothing new) and pellets at teatime and was in her run with husbun until 21:45. We last saw her looking very well and tucking into her supper before locking the catflap for the night.

Her run is mainly paved with a digging area. (No vegetation. So could not of eaten anything poisonous)

She was neautered and vacinated for myxi and vhd (Both due in august).

When i found her at 8am she had probably been dead about 4 hours. Husbun seem fine but obviously missing her.:cry:

I would really appreciate your opinions. Could it be heart failure?

OH no I am sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately rabbits are such delicate things that this sadly happens fairly often. I hope someone else has more advice.

im sorry for your loss :(

ive heard that rabbits can die of fright, maybe she was spooked by a fox or something :'(

I am sorry :cry:

A Post Mortem is the only way to find out the cause of a sudden death. And sometimes even a PM can leave questions unanswered.

A Heart condition or an acute bloat could both cause sudden death. As could an acute pneumonia. But again these are only guesses.

:cry:

Janex

I'm worried that it could of been contagious and Ben might get ill. I have washed the shed and paving but not so easy to wash mud in digging area :roll:

Back